Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

copy & insert message

Technical questions/problems? Ask the admins here.
blueemerald
Reader

copy & insert message

Post by blueemerald » Sat November 22nd, 2014, 1:03 am

Hello~
I notice on the Chats, often a block with text copied from a previous message is inserted into a new message. I would like to be able to do that. Could someone be so kind as to instruct me? (Hopefully it is an easy answer, but then I should have been able to figure it out if so...Gads!) Thanks much.

Lisa
Bibliophile
Favourite HF book: Here Be Dragons by Sharon Kay Penman
Preferred HF: Any time period/location. Timeslip, usually prefer female POV. Also love Gothic melodrama.

Post by Lisa » Sat November 22nd, 2014, 12:17 pm

[quote=""blueemerald""]Hello~
I notice on the Chats, often a block with text copied from a previous message is inserted into a new message. I would like to be able to do that. Could someone be so kind as to instruct me? (Hopefully it is an easy answer, but then I should have been able to figure it out if so...Gads!) Thanks much.[/quote]

Like this? Just hit the Quote button in the bottom right corner of the post you want to quote, and a reply box will come up with the quoted message, so you can type below. Very easy :)

To quote multiple messages, press the small " button (next to Quote) on the posts you want (they'll go red), then normal Reply. It's simple too!

blueemerald
Reader

Post by blueemerald » Sat November 22nd, 2014, 2:09 pm

[quote=""LadyB""]Like this? Just hit the Quote button in the bottom right corner of the post you want to quote, and a reply box will come up with the quoted message, so you can type below. Very easy :)

To quote multiple messages, press the small " button (next to Quote) on the posts you want (they'll go red), then normal Reply. It's simple too![/quote]

Yes! Thank you

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favourite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Post by MLE (Emily Cotton) » Sat November 22nd, 2014, 5:44 pm

And once the quote is in the new box, you can edit out the parts that don't pertain to what you want to comment on. For example, if in the 'what are you reading' thread, somebody mentioned 3 books but you only want to comment on one, you can delete the quote's mention of the irrelevant titles.

Return to “Site Help”