Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

When "The End" Isn't

medievalnovels
Scribbler

When "The End" Isn't

Post by medievalnovels » Thu December 17th, 2009, 5:22 pm

My first novel, An Involuntary King, grew out of stories a friend and I wrote between the ages of 11 and 17. In many ways, it is a testament to those stories as much as a sort of semi-historical novel.

That's why I decided to set up An Involuntary King: The Stories, a Blogger site with not only the old stories we wrote forty years ago but also the stories I posted on Ghostletters as I rewrote the stories into a novel. There are also "deviant" stories, funny ones, story lines that "never happened", lots of drawings, including one by my then 5 year old sister, and insights into how this all came about.

I hope you will visit, whether or not you have read the book. It's an archive of a remarkable accomplishment, a judgment I would make whether or not I was irrevocably part of the process.

Nan Hawthorne
www.nanhawthorne.com
Cordially,

Nan Hawthorne
medieval-novels.com
Over 1200 novels and movies set between 400 & 1600 AD
[url]http://www.medieval-novels.com;[/url])

Return to “Early Medieval (until about 1000 A.D.)”