Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Is there something you'd like to see on this site? Let the admins know!
red805
Avid Reader
Preferred HF: I like a series the best - more to look forward to after one book ends. Masters of Rome, The Century Trilogy, & the Outlander series are some of my favorites.

Post by red805 » Fri January 25th, 2019, 6:25 pm

Has entered the following message into the contact form:
Is there a way you can put back the New Posts link on the home page? I used that all the time :) Fingers crossed! Thanks!

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favourite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Re: New Posts

Post by MLE (Emily Cotton) » Sat January 26th, 2019, 3:37 pm

I still have it below the 'quick links' 'hamburger'. Isn't it still there on yours?

red805
Avid Reader
Preferred HF: I like a series the best - more to look forward to after one book ends. Masters of Rome, The Century Trilogy, & the Outlander series are some of my favorites.

Post by red805 » Sun January 27th, 2019, 9:21 pm

OK, it's not under the hamburger :) anymore, but if I click on the icon I can then select it. Works for me now that I know. It was just very handy to have it hanging out there by itself.

FredQ
Technical Librarian
Currently reading: The Templars, Two Kings and a Pope
Interest in HF: I like how HF can fill in the gaps where we don't have enough information.
Preferred HF: Everything about the Knights Templars

Post by FredQ » Sun January 27th, 2019, 9:43 pm

Hi,

I forgot it was there (I’m using the other style) so I’ll put in back sometimes next week ;)

red805
Avid Reader

Post by red805 » Sun January 27th, 2019, 10:44 pm

Great! Thank you.

FredQ
Technical Librarian
Interest in HF: I like how HF can fill in the gaps where we don't have enough information.

Post by FredQ » Tue January 29th, 2019, 12:23 pm

And it's back 8-)

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favourite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Post by MLE (Emily Cotton) » Tue January 29th, 2019, 7:42 pm

Just curious, Fred -- why am I seeing my old signature photo beneath your posts? Does it show up that way for you? Or is it some weird glitch because of the new update?

red805
Avid Reader

Post by red805 » Tue January 29th, 2019, 7:49 pm

FredQ wrote:
Tue January 29th, 2019, 12:23 pm
And it's back 8-)
:)

FredQ
Technical Librarian

Post by FredQ » Wed January 30th, 2019, 9:07 am

MLE (Emily Cotton) wrote:
Tue January 29th, 2019, 7:42 pm
Just curious, Fred -- why am I seeing my old signature photo beneath your posts? Does it show up that way for you? Or is it some weird glitch because of the new update?
Right, yes this is a glitch after the update. Well phpbb does not support signature pictures the way bulletin did so I had to hack it through to make it working. Obviously the new version works differently...

I’ll have a look

Maybe I’ll just remove the functionality altogether

FredQ
Technical Librarian

Post by FredQ » Tue February 5th, 2019, 3:00 pm

It should be fixed. Can you now see my picture instead of yours?

Return to “Site Suggestions”