Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Facebook Group?

Is there something you'd like to see on this site? Let the admins know!

Should we create a Facebook Group for the forum?

Yes, I would join
65%
No, I would not join
12%
I don't do Facebook.
22%

Total votes: 49

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Facebook Group?

Post by diamondlil » Tue October 14th, 2008, 7:52 pm

At one stage there was a mention about forming a Facebook group for the forum. We just want to guage what kind of interest there is in this before going any forward with it.
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Tue October 14th, 2008, 9:00 pm

Well, I wouldnt be overly interested in it, however it might get some more members.
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Tue October 14th, 2008, 9:12 pm

I'm one of those dinosaurs that's never even logged on to look at facebook, let alone participate in it. :p :o

Susan
Bibliomaniac

Post by Susan » Tue October 14th, 2008, 10:00 pm

I joined Facebook during the summer as a way to keep in touch with former colleagues, so I would be interested. The school district where I teach (a large urban district) eliminated all middle schools and now all the elementary schools are PreK-grade 8 or K-grade 8. As I worked in a middle school, I was transferred along with all my colleagues. At least the new school is brand new, has air conditioning, and has an underground parking garage.
~Susan~
~Unofficial Royalty~
Royal news updated daily, information and discussion about royalty past and present
http://www.unofficialroyalty.com/

boswellbaxter
Bibliomaniac

Post by boswellbaxter » Tue October 14th, 2008, 11:12 pm

[quote=""Misfit""]I'm one of those dinosaurs that's never even logged on to look at facebook, let alone participate in it. :p :o [/quote]

My daughter made me a Facebook page, though of course she's way too cool to be my friend there. I go there once in a while but I have to ignore all of the little gimmicky things it has or I'd get nothing done.
Susan Higginbotham
Coming in October: The Woodvilles

http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/
http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/blog/

Ash
Bibliomaniac

Post by Ash » Tue October 14th, 2008, 11:29 pm

Like Misfit, Facebook has not entered my life and I am not sure it needs to (tho I remember once saying that about the net and email). I'm not really sure what Facebook is, what it entails, and what advantage it would have over chatting on the forum. I'd be interested in answers!

Sign me, Luddite at heart

LCW
Compulsive Reader

Post by LCW » Tue October 14th, 2008, 11:35 pm

What exactly is facebook?? I know my teenage sister has a facebook page, whatever that means. Isn't it like MySpace? Would we each have or own page?? Sorry, I should propbably know this but I don't!
Books to the ceiling,
Books to the sky,
My pile of books is a mile high.
How I love them! How I need them!
I'll have a long beard by the time I read them. --Arnold Lobel

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Post by EC2 » Wed October 15th, 2008, 12:30 am

There is only so much you can do in a day. Facebook's supposed to be brilliant for networking but I am sorry to say that although I have an account there in my non author name, I never go there. I only joined to keep in touch with my son when he was at uni, and I've not been back since. I'm sure it's great, but I don't have time.
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Wed October 15th, 2008, 12:36 am

Beginning to see who is from my generation right about now :) :p :o :o :D

If I ever wanted to spend more time on the net it would be a blog and not something like facebook. I have books to read.

Ariadne
Bibliophile

Post by Ariadne » Wed October 15th, 2008, 12:52 am

I have a Facebook account and check in there a lot, but don't spend much actual time there. It is great for networking - I've gotten back in touch with people I knew from high school, college, grad school and previous jobs, not to mention current friends/acquaintances. I'm at least twice as old as most of the people hanging out there, but it don't bother me none :)

If nothing else, having a group there could be good for PR and recruiting new members.

Return to “Site Suggestions”