Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

arrrgghh!

Is there something you'd like to see on this site? Let the admins know!
Ash
Bibliomaniac

arrrgghh!

Post by Ash » Sat December 5th, 2009, 3:04 pm

I just tried to post twice, nice long posts that I thought well written, and have lost both! The first when I tried to save my edit. It told me I hadn't logged in (I had) but when I relogged in it disappeared. Just now, when I wrote it again, I hit post and it disappeared because I didn't hit save! Arrgghhh!!!!!! Can you fix this so its not as confusing, so it doesn't lose posts, esp ones that I write at 7:30 in the morning when my brain cells are not totally woken yet?

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Sat December 5th, 2009, 9:57 pm

This has come up before, and I know it affects Carla as well as me and you. I've learnt from sad experience to put any longer posts on a Word document then post them on to the forum when I've finished. Its so frustrating when you've put quite a bit of time and thought into a post to have it vanish into cyberspace, never to be seen again :( I don't know why, but it only seems to affect some posters. Could it have something to do with different computer operating systems?

Leyland
Bibliophile

Post by Leyland » Sun December 6th, 2009, 12:14 am

The same has happened to me on this forum and a couple others, so I do what Annis does by using a Word document to prepare the post and then copying and pasting all the text at once.
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams ~ Arthur O'Shaughnessy, Ode

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sun December 6th, 2009, 12:30 am

I have never lost a post, not even at the work PC where I'm not always logged it. By the time I post it asks me to log back in and comment/PM is always there.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Ash
Bibliomaniac

Post by Ash » Sun December 6th, 2009, 12:58 am

[quote=""annis""]. I've learnt from sad experience to put any longer posts on a Word document then post them on to the forum when I've finished. I don't know why, but it only seems to affect some posters. Could it have something to do with different computer operating systems?[/quote]

Yeah, I finally used Word and everything worked out fine, tho I think my first post expressed what I wanted to say best! And yeah, I need to do that more often. Interesting that it only affects some posters. I use Vista.

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Mon December 7th, 2009, 6:07 pm

I'm working off a Mac with OS X Tiger, so doesn't look as if there's any common ground to back up my theory--

Return to “Site Suggestions”