Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Expanding "New Posts" Feature

Is there something you'd like to see on this site? Let the admins know!
Margaret
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: I can't answer this in 100 characters. Sorry.
Favourite HF book: Checkmate, the final novel in the Lymond series
Preferred HF: Literary novels. Late medieval and Renaissance.

Expanding "New Posts" Feature

Post by Margaret » Wed July 22nd, 2009, 4:33 pm

It would be great if an option could be added in the "search" section allowing a search for threads with new posts within a specified time period. Essentially, this would expand the "New Posts" options, allowing a search for, say, all new posts since yesterday, or all new posts in the past week, or all new posts made on X date. Currently, one has to enter a word or phrase one is searching for, but sometimes one just remembers that someone mentioned a book two days ago that sounded good.

This site is already so well designed, I hesitate to make suggestions! But this would be a helpful feature, I think.
Browse over 5000 historical novel listings (probably well over 5000 by now, but I haven't re-counted lately) and over 700 reviews at www.HistoricalNovels.info

Ken
Compulsive Reader

Post by Ken » Wed July 22nd, 2009, 4:50 pm

[quote=""Margaret""]It would be great if an option could be added in the "search" section allowing a search for threads with new posts within a specified time period. Essentially, this would expand the "New Posts" options, allowing a search for, say, all new posts since yesterday, or all new posts in the past week, or all new posts made on X date. Currently, one has to enter a word or phrase one is searching for, but sometimes one just remembers that someone mentioned a book two days ago that sounded good.

This site is already so well designed, I hesitate to make suggestions! But this would be a helpful feature, I think.[/quote]

I would go along with that! Sometimes a 'new post' disappears within a very short time and, unless one trawls through the main menu, a 'new post' can be missed. Hope it is not too technically difficult!!

Return to “Site Suggestions”