Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Anyone read Firebrand by G.Philip?

Alisha Marie Klapheke
Avid Reader

Anyone read Firebrand by G.Philip?

Post by Alisha Marie Klapheke » Fri March 11th, 2011, 3:24 am

I heard that Firebrand by Gillian Philip was a good historical fantasy. Anyone here read it?
Also, it is tough for me to get a copy here in the US. Where should I look to get a copy that makes the most for the author? The website for the book sends me to UK amazon which I'm not sure I should use being in the US.

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Fri March 11th, 2011, 5:34 am

I haven't read it, but price-wise for you the best option could be to go through Book Depository.com, which is the US branch of BD. The price quoted in British pounds is £6.60, which currently equates to US $10.66, including postage.
I don't know what the best option is for the author, but higher prices don't necessarily mean a bigger take for the writer.

Link here:
http://www.bookdepository.com/book/9781 ... /Firebrand

Alisha Marie Klapheke
Avid Reader

Post by Alisha Marie Klapheke » Sat March 12th, 2011, 6:53 pm

Thanks, Annis! I appreciate the assistance.

Alisha Marie Klapheke
Avid Reader

Post by Alisha Marie Klapheke » Tue August 23rd, 2011, 6:38 pm

I finally received it in the mail from the Book Depository and am really enjoying the read.

Return to “Others”