Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Coldest Winter by Halberstam

Raymond
Scribbler

The Coldest Winter by Halberstam

Post by Raymond » Tue August 30th, 2011, 11:04 pm

I bought The Coldest Winter by David Halberstam way back in 2007 when it first came out. I read it for a few days, lost interest then put in on a shelf where it sat for 4 years. I picked it up again Sunday when I finished reading another book. All I can say is WOW!

Ash
Bibliomaniac

Post by Ash » Wed August 31st, 2011, 12:35 am

I just love the title. We have had the hottest August on record, the last two weeks have had highs of 110 or above, and the 'lows' in the 90s. I can't tell you how much I'd love a little cold winter right about now. But I digress :) I have read The Children, a history of the Civil Rights Movemnt by Halberstam which was wonderful. I've heard good things about this book (and I know it has nothing to do with winter per se :)
Last edited by Ash on Wed August 31st, 2011, 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Historical Nonfiction/Biography”