Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Cheap (or free!) Classics on Kindle

SGM
Compulsive Reader

Post by SGM » Fri April 1st, 2011, 6:07 pm

[quote=""Ludmilla""]Of course, I've used Gutenberg for years to read books on my computer [/quote]

Me too but I needed a way to continue reading them away from home (like travelling on the bus or tube). I bought the Kindle so I could do this rather than buy Kindle books from Amazon.
Currently reading - Emergence of a Nation State by Alan Smith

The Czar
Reader

Post by The Czar » Wed June 1st, 2011, 9:19 pm

[quote=""SGM""]I am trying very hard to get to my free edition of Tolstoy's The Cossacks which I have wanted for ages and ages.[/quote]

I'm sure you found this by now, but there is a free kindle edition...

http://www.amazon.com/The-Cossacks-eboo ... 068&sr=1-1

or a Tolstoy complete works kindle edition for $1.99

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Tolstoy- ... 131&sr=1-2
Whoever wishes to foresee the future must consult the past; for human events ever resemble those of preceding times. This arises from the fact that they are produced by men who ever have been, and ever shall be, animated by the same passions, and thus they necessarily have the same results.

SGM
Compulsive Reader

Post by SGM » Thu June 2nd, 2011, 1:38 am

[quote=""The Czar""]I'm sure you found this by now, but there is a free kindle edition...

[/quote]

i had found it long ago -- what I hadn't been able to do was get round to reading it and still haven't. I have no time for fiction at the moment. I now have access to so much non-fiction I have been wanting to get my hands on for years that I all fiction is having to wait awhile.
Currently reading - Emergence of a Nation State by Alan Smith

Return to “Classics”