Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Young Lady Jane Grey by Caroline Corby

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

The Young Lady Jane Grey by Caroline Corby

Postby SonjaMarie » Tue November 11th, 2008, 6:33 am

I was doing a search for Lady Jane Grey with 2009 and found this:
http://www.walkerbooks.com.au/Books/The-Young-Lady-Jane-Grey-9781406312553

It's not out till April 2009. Would be nice if it had a cover with Jane on it, would make me buying it fast more likely then without one.

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

Suzanne Crowley
Scribbler

Postby Suzanne Crowley » Sat April 11th, 2009, 12:48 am

I'd love to read this. According to family lore, I'm very distantly related to her family. An ancestor, a one-armed pensioner, came over to America in the 17th century and I'm descended from him. Would love to know what she really looked like.

rebecca191
Reader

Postby rebecca191 » Sat April 11th, 2009, 4:53 am

I think that book may be part of a series. I have a couple others by that author I haven't read yet (too many books not enough time!) in a series called "Before They Were Famous." The two I have are about Boudica and Cleopatra. They are novels about 200 pages each if I remember right. A little below young adult reading level, maybe written for ages 10-13 or so?

Two young adult novels about Lady Jane Grey I enjoyed were Nine Days a Queen by Ann Rinaldi and The Nine Days Queen by Karleen Bradford.

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Postby Divia » Sat April 11th, 2009, 4:05 pm

I havent read either of these books, but I want to. We had the one by Anne Rinaldi in the lib. I was going to snag it but never did then a girl took it out and has held it hostage for the past two years. She claims "I never took it out." :rolleyes:
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

rebecca191
Reader

Postby rebecca191 » Sun April 12th, 2009, 7:16 am

"Divia" wrote:I havent read either of these books, but I want to. We had the one by Anne Rinaldi in the lib. I was going to snag it but never did then a girl took it out and has held it hostage for the past two years. She claims "I never took it out." :rolleyes:

I don't get why people steal library books! If I'm going to own a book I'd rather buy a nice clean copy without stickers.

Return to “Young Adult Historical Fiction”