Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

ya fictopn migrant farm workers...what book is this?

katiejb42
Currently reading: the sand man by neil gaiman

ya fictopn migrant farm workers...what book is this?

Post by katiejb42 » Wed February 14th, 2018, 12:33 am

hi

I am trying to remember some books i read in elementary school as my niece is a great age for them. What I do recall is that is was told from the point of view of a young girl, she and her family were migrant workers in the dust bowl. Her mother would make them flour sack dresses. Also had a part where she described the cotton they would pick. I can't remember much more but it's driving my crazy i cant find it. If i remember more details i will add them. Thank you!!

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favourite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Re: ya fictopn migrant farm workers...what book is this?

Post by MLE (Emily Cotton) » Wed February 14th, 2018, 8:31 pm

Hi Katiejb42, and welcome to the forum! The book is called Blue Willow. A Newbery winner. I have it on my shelf.
https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Willow-Dori ... 0140309241

Return to “Young Adult Historical Fiction”