Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Have you read these books??

aessea1001
Scribbler

The Primrose Way

Postby aessea1001 » Sun October 25th, 2009, 6:45 pm

I first heard of this book when I was working at a children's libary in college. I looked it up in the catalogue database and it was listed as being on the shelf, but when I went to look for it the book wasn't there. Unfortunately I had to change the book's status from "available" to "missing". I was so dissapointed! :( Anyway, that was years ago, and what jogged my memory about this book was from the original poster. Still, I would like to read it if I ever get the chance.

Jack
Reader

Postby Jack » Tue October 27th, 2009, 6:42 pm

"Anna Elliott" wrote:Have you read Mara, Daughter of the Nile by Eloise Jarvis McGraw? It's set in ancient Egypt and one of my favorite reads. Even though the time periods/settings couldn't be more different, I think it's very similar in spirit to The Raging Quiet. A wonderful read!

Here here! This is a great book for YA and for us as well.

Marc
Scribbler

Postby Marc » Tue December 15th, 2009, 1:10 pm

All the books mentioned here have not been read by me but I have read The Raging Quiet.It's really very interesting.
I am the author of Parmethia

Return to “Young Adult Historical Fiction”