Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mark Alder: Son of the Morning

marklord
Scribbler

Mark Alder: Son of the Morning

Post by marklord » Fri May 9th, 2014, 8:26 am

Mark Alder's Son of the Morning looks like an interesting book - https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/176 ... he-morning. A real historical fantasy novel - rather than a fantasy novel with historical things like swords and kings in it - i.e. Game of Thrones isn't really historical fantasy is it?! :)

I haven't read it but would be interested to know if anyone here has and what they think of it.

Here's the book description:

dward the Third stands in the burnt ruin of an English church. He is beset on all sides. He needs a victory against the French to rescue his Kingship. Or he will die trying.

Philip of Valois can put 50,000 men in the field. He has sent his priests to summon the very Angels themselves to fight for France. Edward could call on God for aid but he is an usurper. What if God truly is on the side of the French?

But for a price, Edward could open the gates of Hell and take an unholy war to France . . .
Editor of Alt Hist, the new magazine of Historical Fiction and Alternate History.

Writer of Historical Fantasy, visit my site for more details.

Latest novels:
Hell has its Demons (Historical Fantasy)
By the Sword's Edge (Volume 1 of a serialized novel - Medieval Action and Adventure)

Return to “Historical Fantasy”