Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What ifs in history?

Helen_Davis

What ifs in history?

Post by Helen_Davis » Wed February 13th, 2013, 4:46 pm

I know there's a thread on spec fic on here, but I'm wondering what your favorite alternate history scenarios are? Other than my idea for the series I'm writing, I like to wonder about some things in church history, and what if the French Revolution never happened and about Argentina as a superpower.

kodiakblair
Scribbler

What If's

Post by kodiakblair » Thu March 21st, 2013, 4:38 pm

Just got a copy of " If Rome hadn't Fallen " by Timothy Venning. From what I gather he picks certain points in Rome's History and follows alternate outcomes.
Keep you posted
Cheers K.B

Helen_Davis

Post by Helen_Davis » Sun March 24th, 2013, 2:36 pm

:D Will definitely check it out!

Cuchulain
Scribbler

Post by Cuchulain » Tue April 30th, 2013, 5:24 pm

[quote=""Helen_Davis""]I know there's a thread on spec fic on here, but I'm wondering what your favorite alternate history scenarios are? Other than my idea for the series I'm writing, I like to wonder about some things in church history, and what if the French Revolution never happened and about Argentina as a superpower.[/quote]

Why not try GURPS Infinite Worlds; a roleplaying game resource detailing many alternate histories. http://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=SJG31-2001

Mythica
Bibliophile
Preferred HF: European and American (mostly pre-20th century)

Post by Mythica » Tue April 30th, 2013, 5:37 pm

I don't think I've actually tried any alternate history fiction but I do have my eye on the upcoming The Boleyn King - based on the idea that Anne Boleyn had given Henry VIII a surviving son. I thought I was done with the Tudors but this peaked my interest.

Return to “Historical Fantasy”