Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Nicolas Le Floch series by Jean-Francois Parot

princess garnet
Bibliophile

Nicolas Le Floch series by Jean-Francois Parot

Post by princess garnet » Fri December 12th, 2014, 5:40 pm

For those who are fond of Paris and/or French history, I discovered this interesting mystery series.
Set during the reigns of Louis XV and Louis XVI, Commissioner Nicolas Le Floch solves crime in Paris and its environs. So far, there are 12 books in the series, and there are translations available in several languages.
If you can read French well, the website for Jean-Francois Parotis chock full of background info to the series.
The Nicolas Le Floch series was adapted for France 2 and is available with English subtitles on DVD. Love the show's theme music! I saw some episodes over the summer when it showed on a local channel.

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "The Whitstable Pearl Mystery" by Julie Wassmer
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Fri December 12th, 2014, 8:14 pm

That's interesting - I think 6 have been translated in the Uk so far. I didn't know it had been filmed too, thanks for that info!
Currently reading "The Whitstable Pearl Mystery" by Julie Wassmer

Return to “Historical Mystery”