Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Title of a book

stolives

Title of a book

Post by stolives » Thu February 14th, 2013, 5:36 pm

I remember very little of this book, but here goes...
-regency romance
-Spinster determined not to marry
-insists on wearing "spinster cap"
-spinster cap drives hero crazy, he's always harrassing her about it (I think he might take it from her and hide it at some point)
-might be Stephanie Laurens
- hero and spinster have affair but spinster not interested in marriage, much to hero's chagrin (might have that detail mixed up with another book)

I know it's not much to go on....thanks.

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Sat February 16th, 2013, 12:03 am

This is a romantic trope that's been used more than once, but a couple that comes to my mind where the cap becomes a bone of contention between the Hero & Heroine are by Mary Balogh. She used this first in More than a Mistress and then again in one of her Bedwyn books -Slightly Wicked, I think it might have been, where the heroine Julia has to cover up her hair because its redness offends her nasty employer- an aunt, maybe?

http://www.marybalogh.com/books.html
Last edited by annis on Sat February 16th, 2013, 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

stolives

Post by stolives » Sun February 17th, 2013, 8:09 pm

Thanks for your help, Annis. I thought you had it for me with Simply Wicked. I reread it over the past day. While I truly enjoyed revisiting a Mary Balogh book and am on to the others in the Bedwyn series, that was not the book I was thinking of. Thanks again...I'll keep searching.

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Tue February 19th, 2013, 5:57 am

Pity that wasn't the answer. If you haven't already tried it, give the Amazon Historical Romance Forum a go. They're pretty good over there at finding lost titles.

Return to “Historical Romance”