Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

title of a book

nan787

title of a book

Post by nan787 » Tue May 1st, 2012, 2:13 am

this is what i know.

There is a girl who's family has a curse or something where no man will marry any woman in her family.

i think her brother or father is the lord

Her cousin on her mother's side is living with them she has red hair and they look very similar.

a stranger comes and wants a wife so the lord offers the cousin to him. he accepts.

the girl wants to marry the guy to break the cycle she doesnt think its a curse its just that all the people are too superstitious.

her cousin is mild mannered and would rather go to a convent or something.

they cut the cousin's red hair off and make a sorta wig thing for the girl so she can marry the stranger.

she marries the stranger later when they are going to consummate the marriage the wig thing falls off and the guy knows that he was tricked .

only read up to that point. hope someone can help i lost the book and the stories been eating at me for a while.

thanks

also this is prob set in england or scotland
Last edited by nan787 on Tue May 1st, 2012, 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: forgot something

Return to “Historical Romance”