Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Book search...

Poochi3

Book search...

Post by Poochi3 » Mon April 11th, 2011, 3:25 pm

Hey everybody,
I'd like to ask a big favour. My sis and i have been looking for this book all over the net but we unfortunately dont remember the title or author :( So I was wondering if anybody here could help us.

The little details we remember are:
-->> Its set in Scotland.
-->> At the start, a group of men raided and burned a family's estate and the leader, i think they called him the Laird, kidnapped the daughter
-->> He kept her locked in a room in his castle and I think once he forced himself on her
-->> She tried to escape once by horse but they caught her back
-->> they eventually fall in love and she became pregnant with a son

I know this is the plot for millions of other Historical Romances but this was such a great book when I read it in 2006 and we lent a friend and they never brought it back. So now I want to find it so I can buy it again :D

So if anybody can give me the names of authors that wrote a scotland historical romance it would be a great start. Thanks so much.

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Mon April 11th, 2011, 4:01 pm

Could it be Kathleen Woodiwiss's "The Wolf and the Dove?"

Here is the summary for it from amazon.com:
When the Normans invade and sweep across Saxon England in 1066, lovely Aislinn of Darkenwald watches her father murdered outside her home. Wulfgar, the Iron Wolf of Normandy, arrives to rule Darkenwald, and one look at Aislinn leads him to claim her as his own. She hates the Norman conquering forces, but Wulfgar awakens a consuming passion in her that she can't deny. As she struggles with her growing love for Wulfgar, she does what she can to aid her conquered people and her bereaved mother. But a jealous lord conspires with Wulfgar's spoiled half-sister and Aislinn's very life is threatened before Wulfgar can admit that the woman he conquered has in truth, conquered his heart. This beloved historical romance deserves a special place on the shelves of millions of romance readers and shouldn't be missed
Brenna

Poochi3

Post by Poochi3 » Tue April 12th, 2011, 2:03 am

Thanks so much for your quick response.

It has a similar plot but it says that he took over her family's castle but in the book i'm looking for he took her back to his castle.

That book sounds good though...definitely going to order it :D

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Tue April 12th, 2011, 9:12 am

Possibly May McGoldrick's Flame or Samantha James' His Wicked Ways, though neither sound exactly like the one you're after :) What period was your book set in?

Poochi3

Post by Poochi3 » Thu April 14th, 2011, 4:47 am

I have no idea the time period =(

I'm just going to call it quits and bury my first Historical Romance love

thanks a lot though!!! :D

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Thu April 14th, 2011, 4:50 am

Was there a lot of sex in it? Could it be by Bertrice Small?

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

SGM
Compulsive Reader

Post by SGM » Thu April 14th, 2011, 6:20 am

It could be a Julie Garwood novel. You plot description seems to fit just about any of her books.
Currently reading - Emergence of a Nation State by Alan Smith

Return to “Historical Romance”