Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Templars/Crusades and HR

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Wed July 7th, 2010, 3:37 pm

[quote=""Michy""]So now the half-headed cover thing has extended to men, too, huh? And the way they have him dressed looks so ridiculous! :p [/quote]

Oh, I must go and put this one on the "Dude, where's my forehead" list at goodreads.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Michy
Bibliophile

Post by Michy » Wed July 7th, 2010, 3:51 pm

That is hilarious! The caption possibilities are endless.....

"Hey! That Saracen dude just blew my head off!"

"Look, Mom! No brains!"

"What do you mean you don't provide tailoring services? You don't really expect me to wear this ill-fitting thing out on the battlefield, do you?!"

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Wed July 7th, 2010, 4:17 pm

Nice job. I read another book in this series by the author and it was beyond silly even for a romance. Library did buy a few copies but I'm not willing to put myself through it again.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "The Whitstable Pearl Mystery" by Julie Wassmer
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Wed July 7th, 2010, 4:29 pm

[quote=""Michy""]So now the half-headed cover thing has extended to men, too, huh? And the way they have him dressed looks so ridiculous! :p [/quote]

Welcome to our world guys! :p
Currently reading "The Whitstable Pearl Mystery" by Julie Wassmer

Michy
Bibliophile

Post by Michy » Wed July 7th, 2010, 4:51 pm

[quote=""Misfit""]Nice job. I read another book in this series by the author and it was beyond silly even for a romance. Library did buy a few copies but I'm not willing to put myself through it again.[/quote]

Just goes to show that sometimes you can judge a book by its cover.....

Ken
Compulsive Reader

Post by Ken » Wed July 7th, 2010, 5:09 pm

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!!!!!

chuck
Bibliophile

Post by chuck » Fri July 9th, 2010, 8:15 pm

As I recall Templar Knights had no Real property and were sworn to strict celibacy....and must wear beards.....Oh yeah....did not believe in personal hygiene......and what the heck is that thing he is wearing?...He looks more like a Greek/Roman in a bad banquet Toga.....

Michy
Bibliophile

Post by Michy » Sat July 10th, 2010, 12:12 am

[quote=""chuck""]....did not believe in personal hygiene......[/quote]

Hmmmmmm.... nice. I can just imagine what a gathering of Templars must have smelled like...... :eek: Perhaps that's the REAL secret to how they protected all the valuables that were entrusted to them. Nothing was stolen because nobody wanted to come near them!!! LOL
Last edited by Michy on Sat July 10th, 2010, 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

chuck
Bibliophile

Post by chuck » Sat July 10th, 2010, 5:10 am

Ever been in a Men's Locker Room after summer football practice....Just like hanging out with 40 Templars....

Doug
Scribbler

Post by Doug » Mon August 2nd, 2010, 9:47 pm

That cover is hysterical!

Beyond the celibacy issue, didn't the Church prohibit marriages between Christian crusaders and Saracen women back then, unless the woman converted (perhaps at the point of a sword)? Though marriage may be far from this guy's thoughts...

Doug

Return to “Historical Romance”