Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Lisa Kleypas

Lindsey
Scribbler

Lisa Kleypas

Post by Lindsey » Thu January 15th, 2009, 6:04 pm

Anyone read any of her books? I have started the 'Wallflower' books and so far really enjoying her writing. It is a bit more frothy than straight historicals, but she is a fun writer. I'm not sure how historically accurate she is as it is not my period.

Anyone got any recommendations they would like to share once I am done with the Wallflowers?

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Fri January 16th, 2009, 10:49 am

Lisa Kleypas is one of my favourite Hist Romance authors, and I always have her books either preordered or prerequested from the library.

I have also enjoyed her first two contemporary novels as well, but I am relieved that she has chosen to do both genres and not desert historicals like so many other authors have.

What are your favourites Lindsey?
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Lindsey
Scribbler

Post by Lindsey » Sat January 17th, 2009, 7:26 pm

I have only read the first in the Wallflower series so far, 'Secrets of a Summer Night' but really liked it. I didn't expect to like it as much to be honest but I found it much less 'sappy' than I had imagined it was going to be with some interesting characters. I am definitely going to get the rest of the series as I found it a well written fun read.

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Sat January 17th, 2009, 10:20 pm

You are in for a treat then, because there are some great books in her backlist. And wait until you get to Devil in Winter! Sigh.
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

nona
Bibliophile

Post by nona » Wed November 4th, 2009, 9:08 pm

I'm reading, started today, my first Kleypas book, Stranger In My Arms and am loving it so far. She's really good at building her characters and the story up. I hate when the characters are single plain and boring.

Tish437
Scribbler

Post by Tish437 » Sat October 9th, 2010, 1:37 am

I read Stranger in my Arms and really enjoyed it. Everything I like in an historical romance. I just read her book Midnight Angels and that was very good, too. I'm going to look for more from her.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sat October 9th, 2010, 2:25 am

I still haven't had a chance to try her books. Always on the hunt for a new romance but I always get side-tracked :o ;)
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

CindyInOz
Reader

Post by CindyInOz » Mon November 8th, 2010, 3:16 am

I'm half way through my first Lisa Kleypas novel, Devil in Winter. I'm really enjoying it and am pretty excited to have just learnt how many of her books are readily available. I didn't realise at the time of starting that this was part of a series, but I get the feeling that the Wallflower series, at least, doesn't necessarily need to be read in order. Or am I wrong there?? I've ordered the rest of the series and hope they're all just as good as this one!

Tish437
Scribbler

Post by Tish437 » Tue November 9th, 2010, 2:36 am

I've got Devil in Winter but haven't read it yet. I'm glad to see the good review. Still enjoying it?

LCW
Compulsive Reader

Post by LCW » Thu September 15th, 2011, 2:20 am

Since she has a lot of series I figured I'd post a list. I have a bunch of her books but not complete series. Since I hate reading books out of order I'm going to have to hunt a few titles down before I'm in the mood for another historical romance. She really is a great author. Her books are decadent fun but don't insult the intelligence of the reader.

http://www.goodreads.com/series/list/27847.Lisa_Kleypas
Books to the ceiling,
Books to the sky,
My pile of books is a mile high.
How I love them! How I need them!
I'll have a long beard by the time I read them. --Arnold Lobel

Return to “Historical Romance”