Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

A Christmas Quiz

writerinthenorth
Reader

A Christmas Quiz

Post by writerinthenorth » Wed December 21st, 2011, 6:14 pm

Hope you'll like to try my Christmas quizall about books, films and music on a Christmas theme. Please let me know how you get on.

Merry Christmas all from Writer in the North

Ash
Bibliomaniac

Post by Ash » Fri December 23rd, 2011, 4:05 am

I scored 5 in the first part (I had to look up 'Which much-loved Christmas classic of 1978 is wordless' and had a 'du'oh ' moment. I loved that book when it came out and the film version is still one of my favorite movies to show kids.)

I scored 0 in the 2nd part; not that big on holiday movies (except for Christmas Carol with Alistair Sims and The Grinch)

Yikes, 2 for the 3rd. Ah well, fun to try anyway

writerinthenorth
Reader

Good try

Post by writerinthenorth » Fri December 23rd, 2011, 1:32 pm

Good effort, despite your self-deprecation. I hadn't realised it was quite so hard until my family tried it. It's easier when you're the question setter. :)

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Sat December 24th, 2011, 6:14 pm

I got 13 total. Can I plead youth for not knowing most of the things that were popular before I was born?

Return to “Games”