Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hello, all!

Don't forget to read the rules before posting!
angstytimelord
Scribbler
Currently reading: Penmarric
Interest in HF: I've always loved reading about the past. Historical fiction has been my favorite reading genre since I was in high school. I'm 55 now, and still love it.
Favourite HF book: Rebecca, by Daphne du Maurier
Preferred HF: Not really. I'll read anything in the historical fiction genre if it sounds interesting. Though at the moment, I seem to have a weakness for WWI and Gilded Age themes.

Hello, all!

Post by angstytimelord » Sat May 9th, 2020, 9:13 pm

Hello there, lovely book people! I'm Tracy, and I'm new here!

I've been reading historical fiction since I was a teenager and in high school back in the late 70s/early 80s. Love it then, love it even more now! Sadly, I'm disabled (serious mobility problems thanks to destroyed nerves from severe diabetes, but hey, I can still walk, so I consider myself lucky!), so that gives me a LOT of time to read! I'm a crafter -- love knitting, crocheting, and cross-stitching. And I'm the proud forever human of a beautiful little 12 1/2 year old calico kitty named Madame FayeFaye SnowyPaws!

I've lived in a number of places, from Milwaukee to Monterey, California, though I'm now living in the house where I grew up. Ten years ago, my grandma, who raised me, had a stroke that brought on dementia, and I came back home to take care of her during her final years. Sadly, she passed away in 2018, but I'm glad that I could share some time with her. I'm also a HUGE fan of Hugh Dancy! Not only is the man a fantastic actor, but he's definitely very easy on the eyes -- my avatar is proof of that!

I love all kinds of historical fiction, from Regency romances (currently loving Mary Balogh's Westcott series) to the time-slip novels of Susanna Kearsley. At the moment, I've been leaning more towards Victorian/Gilded Age/WWI-themed novels. Just finished an ARC that I won from Goodreads of Beatriz Williams' "Her Last Flight," which is a doozy of a book -- I highly recommend it! (If you read it, be sure to have a box of tissues handy. You'll need them.)

Looking forward to making friends and sharing the love of great books!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”