Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

what is historical fiction/

Don't forget to read the rules before posting!
Hangrumps
Currently reading: Saxon Dawn - Griff Hosker
Favourite HF book: Shogun
Preferred HF: Early Britain

what is historical fiction/

Post by Hangrumps » Wed December 11th, 2019, 6:37 pm

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. I have been reading historical fiction since I was a young man. I cut my teeth reading the likes of Lawrence Schoonover; Samuel Shellabarger; Thomas Costain; Frank Yerby; H. Rider Haggard; Walter D. Edmonds; Kenneth Roberts; F. Van Wyck Mason; Taylor Caldwell. The list is too long to write. Being retired, I find I now have more time to read. I have been introduced to a younger group of authors. One of my favorites is a writer named Griff Hosker. I have searched this forum for anything about this author. I can't seem to find any reference to him. Is there a reason? Is he not considered a writer of historical fiction?

Thanks

red805
Avid Reader
Preferred HF: I like a series the best - more to look forward to after one book ends. Masters of Rome, The Century Trilogy, & the Outlander series are some of my favorites.

Re: what is historical fiction/

Post by red805 » Fri December 20th, 2019, 10:17 pm

Never heard of Griff Hosker, but welcome to the site!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”