Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Actually, i'm Tired of Reading

Don't forget to read the rules before posting!
LoyalRam
Currently reading: "The War on Alcohol" by Lisa McGirr
Interest in HF: Reading "Isaac's Storm by Erik Larsen was what did it for me. Of course he is telling a story involving real events using real people, but he has to fill in the gaps of what he doesn't know with supposition and smart reasoning as to how a character will respond to situations.
Favourite HF book: "Isaac's Storm"
Preferred HF: I like the late Victorian and Early Edwardian period. Genre? I like mixing magical realism in storis that I write

Actually, i'm Tired of Reading

Post by LoyalRam » Wed October 2nd, 2019, 5:43 pm

I know that it's anathema in a forum like this to say that, but all I do is to read. I've read mostly dense history for University, for years I am getting an MA in History (American History). Writing is a joy and my training helps me in some ways in regard to historical accuracy. It is a double edged sword, however, because it has prevented my creativity to flow in historical fiction writing. I was invited by a Creating Writing Professor to participate in MA level creative writing courses (normally only for English MA candidates) and have written fun horror stories that people have enjoyed. THIS semester I have begun writing historical fiction about my family in a Nebraska town, 9 siblings and their mother. I am using magical realism along with historical fiction.

I am a non-traditional student, which normally translates to "old guy." lol. I have been a US NAVY Sailor, Truck Driver, and Greyhound/Tour Bus driver for 17 years. My favorite tour used to be an New York to Los Angeles tour for foreigners. My theme song is "I've Been Everywhere" by Johnny Cash and my motivational song that helped me through college is "Dream On" by Aerosmith.

I am doing life non-traditionally. Anyway, this is me. *bows.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”