Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Introduction

Don't forget to read the rules before posting!
FLF
Currently reading: Where the Bodies Are
Interest in HF: I have always enjoyed fictional tales based on or inspired by actual events.

Introduction

Post by FLF » Wed June 13th, 2018, 10:21 pm

I hope this is the proper place to introduce myself. I was born and raised in North Texas, the son of a minister(my father) and an accountant(my mom). I attended what is now the University of North Texas for two semesters and then transferred to East Texas State College where I pursued a pre-theology degree with a minor in psychology. I served as pastor for numerous churches in East Texas and North Texas, but after several years I discovered that my mom's vocation was more to my liking so I switched to accounting and finance. I am married to the love of my life for 58 years. We have three children, seven grandchildren, and three great-grandchildren. I have been an avid reader for most of my life and I prefer fictional novels based on or inspired by actual events. I served as a judge for The North Texas Book Festival for several years.

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Re: Introduction

Post by Vanessa » Mon July 2nd, 2018, 7:01 pm

Just seen this post!

Welcome, FLF! It’s been quite quiet on here recently but hope you enjoy it here.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Return to “Introduce Yourself”