Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Introduction

Don't forget to read the rules before posting!
strath
Scribbler
Interest in HF: The very first 'adult' level book was HF. Loved the detail and the characters. Never looked back.
Favourite HF book: War and Peace
Preferred HF: Dark Age Britain, American Civil War, Napoleonic Era, Jazz Age, WWII

Introduction

Post by strath » Wed February 8th, 2017, 3:17 am

Hello. Just discovered this forum. Am eager to get to know you all and discussing my favorite subject - HF. :D I've read HF all my life and read all eras. I write (mostly historical fiction) and blog. I am a husband, father, and owner of two ancient cats.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Re: Introduction

Post by Misfit » Wed February 8th, 2017, 10:36 am

Hello and welcome. Glad you found us.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Wed February 8th, 2017, 1:55 pm

Hi and welcome.
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

strath
Scribbler
Interest in HF: The very first 'adult' level book was HF. Loved the detail and the characters. Never looked back.
Preferred HF: Dark Age Britain, American Civil War, Napoleonic Era, Jazz Age, WWII

Post by strath » Wed February 8th, 2017, 2:41 pm

Misfit wrote:Hello and welcome. Glad you found us.
Thank you, Misfit. I appreciate it.

strath
Scribbler

Post by strath » Wed February 8th, 2017, 2:42 pm

Madeleine wrote:Hi and welcome.
Thank you, Madeleine. I'm glad to be here.

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Wed February 8th, 2017, 7:41 pm

Welcome, Strath! I hope you enjoy it here. I have two cats, Harry and Hermione. Also two dogs, an English Springer Spaniel and a recently acquired Tamaskan Wolf.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

strath
Scribbler

Post by strath » Wed February 8th, 2017, 8:59 pm

Vanessa wrote:Welcome, Strath! I hope you enjoy it here. I have two cats, Harry and Hermione. Also two dogs, an English Springer Spaniel and a recently acquired Tamaskan Wolf.
Thank you, Vanessa. That's a lot of critters. The wolf is impressive.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”