Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hello fellow readers!

Don't forget to read the rules before posting!
LHay1039
Currently reading: The Marriage Game, Alison Weir
Interest in HF: I have always enjoyed history. I was a history major in college. I have found historical fiction to be a fun way to combine my interest in history with my love of reading. As a young child, about 2nd grade, I came across a series of biographies on my visits to the library. I was hooked.
Favourite HF book: The Sixth Surrender, by Hana Samek Norton
Preferred HF: I prefer stories that involve "real" historic figures that weave a fictional account around those characters.

Hello fellow readers!

Post by LHay1039 » Fri May 27th, 2016, 6:00 pm

I am an avid reader, with interest in historical fiction as my genre of first choice. I also like mysteries and an occasional romance. Sometimes historical fiction can be all three. I sometimes read 3 or 4 books a week. I have recently started using a tablet for reading e-books. There are some things I don't like about e-books, but I do like that I can adjust the font size and the lighted screen makes reading easier. That said, I still like the feel of a book in my hand.

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favourite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Re: Hello fellow readers!

Post by MLE (Emily Cotton) » Fri May 27th, 2016, 9:44 pm

Welcome, Lhay! What was the HF series that hooked you? Jean Plaidy, perhaps?

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Sat May 28th, 2016, 11:09 am

Welcome LF, do you have any favourite authors?
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

Lisa
Bibliophile
Favourite HF book: Here Be Dragons by Sharon Kay Penman
Preferred HF: Any time period/location. Timeslip, usually prefer female POV. Also love Gothic melodrama.

Post by Lisa » Mon May 30th, 2016, 10:26 am

Hello and welcome! I feel the same, eReaders/tablets are so convenient, but I prefer the feeling of a book in my hand as well. Unless the book is a doorstopper - then I'm glad of an eReader to save me from hand cramps :D

Return to “Introduce Yourself”