Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hello from Germany

Don't forget to read the rules before posting!
DianeL
Bibliophile

Post by DianeL » Fri May 13th, 2011, 10:01 pm

Rissa danke schoen (and I am too lazy at the end of a work week to go umlaut hunting, so my apologies)! I miss my German as well; I used to be able to converse exclusively auf deutsch verbally, imperfectly, but not grossly incorrect most of the time. When I married a non-German-speaker I lost having someone to practice with, and when you don't speak a language, you don't speak the language anymore in a deeper sense. I still miss it. (And he got his revenve; after we divorced and became friends, he began speaking French at me equally fruitlessly!)

Blogger blocked me out yesterday, but I may actually have some observations up soon, and I am thinking I"d like to post an excerpt from my author's note as well. Stay tuned! :)
"To be the queen, she agreed to be the widow!"

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.
---Medieval Kingship, Henry A. Myers

http://dianelmajor.blogspot.com/
I'm a Twit: @DianeLMajor

Rissa
Scribbler

Post by Rissa » Sun May 15th, 2011, 7:31 pm

Thanks, everyone!
@Margaret: Thanks, I'll have a look. Seems to be a great resource!

@DianeL: Great, I'll keep my eyes open.

Greg
Reader

Welcome Rissa

Post by Greg » Wed May 18th, 2011, 11:01 am

Good to see you here!
They are a pretty friendly bunch I'm sure you will feel right at home. And trust me your English is much better than my German. Just a quick general plug, a number of the authors (including me) in this forum publish in the digital medium so it is always worth checking Smashwords and Amazone Kindle
I beleive Amazon has just opened a division in Germany.
Regards Greg

Blogging on the Tudors at http://rednedtudormysteries.blogspot.com/

The Liberties of London

Smashwords

Return to “Introduce Yourself”