Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Do I belong here?

Don't forget to read the rules before posting!
cw gortner
Bibliophile

Post by cw gortner » Wed July 29th, 2009, 6:10 pm

Hi Veronica, Yes, you're right at home! I'm an author but I'm also a voracious historical fiction reader. Just jump on in. We're a rowdy, fun bunch who all happen to love books.
THE QUEEN'S VOW available on June 12, 2012!
THE TUDOR SECRET, Book I in the Elizabeth I Spymaster Chronicles
THE CONFESSIONS OF CATHERINE DE MEDICI
THE LAST QUEEN

www.cwgortner.com

Miss Moppet
Bibliophile

Post by Miss Moppet » Wed July 29th, 2009, 8:48 pm

Hello Veronica and welcome - there are lots of readers here as well as writers.

The Other Boleyn Girl is one of my favourites too, and although I haven't liked any of PG's other books as much, I live in hope and am looking forward to the release of The White Queen.

Veronica
Avid Reader

Post by Veronica » Wed July 29th, 2009, 11:58 pm

WOW and WOW!! Thank you all so much for a very warm welcome! I have to say that internet can make you feel like you are not in the real world, cause you aren't, but after reading every singel one of your replys I actually felt really good and happy. :) So thank you again and I look forward to share this part of your lifes with you.

Carine
Compulsive Reader
Currently reading: Jonkvrouw - Jean-Claude Van Ryckeghem
Interest in HF: I love history
Favourite HF book: Can't pin that down to only 1 :-)
Preferred HF: Medieval, Tudor and Ancient Egyptian

Post by Carine » Thu July 30th, 2009, 6:19 am

Hi Veronica, welcome here ! Ofcourse you belong here !
I'm not an author either but I am a keen reader of historical fiction.
I enjoyed The Other Boleyn Girl very much too.

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Thu July 30th, 2009, 10:32 am

Veronica, can ask whereabouts in the NT you are from?
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Veronica
Avid Reader

Post by Veronica » Thu July 30th, 2009, 10:56 am

[quote=""diamondlil""]Veronica, can ask whereabouts in the NT you are from?[/quote]

You sure can! I'm stationed in Katherine for a few years. :(
"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted"

juleswatson
Avid Reader

Post by juleswatson » Thu July 30th, 2009, 4:41 pm

Hi Veronica,

Welcome! Though there are authors here I always see this forum as very much a readers' site, for historical fiction addicts. My reading has tailed off dreadfully since I became an author, but I am going to have some much needed time off soon, and after hanging about here I know exactly what books I want to jump into! The breadth and depth of knowledge among the forum members is really extraordinary - joining this has inspired me as a reader, above all. BTW I also liked The Other Boleyn Girl, though haven't liked any of PG's other books much. But you'll get enough suggestions on here to last you many, many years of reading!
Author of Celtic historical fantasy
New book "THE RAVEN QUEEN" out Feb 22 2011: The story of Maeve, the famous warrior queen of Irish mythology.
Out now, "THE SWAN MAIDEN", the ancient tale of Deirdre, the Irish 'Helen of Troy'
http://www.juleswatson.com

Leyland
Bibliophile

Post by Leyland » Thu July 30th, 2009, 7:39 pm

Hi Veronica. I'm glad you have joined the forum and hope you finds lots of new reading material based on all our favorites or not-so-faves. It's all about the reading! And learning and then sharing ideas about any that you do learn! Please enjoy.

chuck
Bibliophile

Post by chuck » Fri July 31st, 2009, 12:07 am

Hello Veronica.... Just regular people here.... who love reading, reviewing, and discussing Historical Fiction....Like that old motel commercial "We'll leave the light on for you"......

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Fri July 31st, 2009, 3:07 am

[quote=""Veronica""]You sure can! I'm stationed in Katherine for a few years. :( [/quote]

How big a town is Katherine. Pretty isolated?
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Return to “Introduce Yourself”