Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hi!

Don't forget to read the rules before posting!
SarahWoodbury
Avid Reader

Post by SarahWoodbury » Sun April 5th, 2009, 4:30 pm

It is. Is this where I tear my hair out? Eat more chocolate? I just hate the waiting. It's been about two weeks since he sent it out to a small group of publishers, probably none of whom have even had time to read it yet. . .

He did send it to a film agent who thought he could sell it, but felt that it would better serve us to have a book contract first. I just find it so exhilarating that someone besides me and my immediate family actually read it and liked it.

Julianne Douglas
Avid Reader

Post by Julianne Douglas » Sun April 5th, 2009, 5:08 pm

Best of luck to you! I hope you have a quick sale. The waiting doesn't get any easier, although you do learn to live with it.
Julianne Douglas

Writing the Renaissance

juleswatson
Avid Reader

Post by juleswatson » Sun April 5th, 2009, 5:17 pm

Congratulations, that is so exciting about the film interest! THIS waiting process is excruciating. My agent was selling my last book deal at the exact moment my husband and I had thrown caution to the wind, dumped our entire lives and left all security in Australia, and moved on a whim to Scotland. En route to this new and terrifying life, every time I checked my emails my agent had forwarded another publisher rejection. I was standing mid-journey at Changi airport, homeless, friendless, family-less and possibly jobless, feeling like the rack was being tightened with every one. I seriously hate that bit! And FYI, even with a great end result, it can still take a while sometimes. Good luck :)
Author of Celtic historical fantasy
New book "THE RAVEN QUEEN" out Feb 22 2011: The story of Maeve, the famous warrior queen of Irish mythology.
Out now, "THE SWAN MAIDEN", the ancient tale of Deirdre, the Irish 'Helen of Troy'
http://www.juleswatson.com

SarahWoodbury
Avid Reader

Post by SarahWoodbury » Sun April 5th, 2009, 6:14 pm

Oh wow! That was brave of you--the kind of thing many people dream of, but never manage.

I almost don't even want to mention any of these possibilities, less because I'm afraid to jinx them, but because if it doesn't sell, it's a lot easier to go back into my hole for another try if nobody else knows what happened. For a long time I never even told anyone I was writing at all.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”