Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

New Historical Fiction Online Member!!

Don't forget to read the rules before posting!
akhlaw12
Currently reading: The Personal Librarian
Interest in HF: I loved watching Westerns and Victorian books when I was a child. I felt "at home" and "at peace" whenever I watched a movie that had many "old" periods of time. I've also been interested in time travel novels. I am most interested in historical romances.
Favourite HF book: the Janette Oke "Love Comes Softly" book series
Preferred HF: Historical Romance

New Historical Fiction Online Member!!

Post by akhlaw12 » Wed May 25th, 2022, 4:11 am

Hi, I'm Angela. TODAY is my first day here AND this is my first post!! I'm VERY excited to be here and to meet others who are interested in all types of historical writings. I'm an African American woman who retired about two years ago from a career in the government (due to a disability). I'm very blessed to be able to return to a passion of my youth: reading and writing. Currently, I'm in the beginning stages of writing a historical romance. In addition, I'm reading two books (one motivational) and the other, a historical writing (part fiction and part non-fiction) called The Personal Librarian. the story is based on J.P. Morgan's personal librarian, Belle De Costa Greene (an African American woman who "passed" for white in order to be his librarian) which is extremely interesting to me as an African American woman. Again, I'm excited to join the HISTORICAL FICTION ONLINE family and look forward to many interesting discussions.

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Keeping a Christmas Promise" by Jo Thomas
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Re: New Historical Fiction Online Member!!

Post by Madeleine » Sun May 29th, 2022, 11:57 am

Hi Angela and welcome to the board, enjoy posting!
Currently reading: "Keeping a Christmas Promise" by Jo Thomas.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”