Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Youtube fun!

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Sun July 26th, 2009, 1:14 am

[quote=""chuck""]SM....Glad you found the right link....It's a big hit with many major websites and now ET is trying to get the full story......P.S.. I should learn how to do link attachments.....[/quote]

To do a link attachment, highlight the words that you want the link to be in and then click on the icon above which looks like a little earth with a chain, and voila, you will have your link.
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

chuck
Bibliophile

Post by chuck » Sun July 26th, 2009, 3:56 am

Duly noted and thanks DLil.....

Rowan
Bibliophile
Interest in HF: I love history, but it's boring in school. Historical fiction brings it alive for me.
Preferred HF: Iron-Age Britain, Roman Britain, Medieval Britain

Jill and Kevin's Wedding Entrance

Post by Rowan » Mon July 27th, 2009, 7:53 pm

Did anyone see the recreation of this on the Today Show last week? It's quite unique and I think they did a great job making a special day so memorable. This is the video of the original wedding entrance:

Jill and Kevin

Leo62
Bibliophile

Post by Leo62 » Mon August 17th, 2009, 10:34 pm

Here'sthe Ukelele Orchestra of Great Britain's immortal version of Kate Bush's Wuthering Heights. Guaranteed to make you :D

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Tue August 18th, 2009, 10:49 am

That's brilliant, Leo! It did, indeed make me :D !
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Leo62
Bibliophile

Post by Leo62 » Tue August 18th, 2009, 7:14 pm

[quote=""Vanessa""]That's brilliant, Leo! It did, indeed make me :D ![/quote]

You should check out their version of Anarchy in the UK ;)

Leyland
Bibliophile

Extreme Sheepherding

Post by Leyland » Sat October 24th, 2009, 11:38 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rvi ... re=related

I've watched this about five times in the last hour and am still laughing hard every time. Sheep Pong! Just brilliant.
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams ~ Arthur O'Shaughnessy, Ode

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favourite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Post by MLE (Emily Cotton) » Sun October 25th, 2009, 2:32 pm

Great, Leyland! I've seen these guys before, but that's a new one. Their dogs must be incredibly well trained.

Ken
Compulsive Reader

Post by Ken » Sun October 25th, 2009, 6:40 pm

[quote=""MLE""]Great, Leyland! I've seen these guys before, but that's a new one. Their dogs must be incredibly well trained.[/quote]

It's not the dogs. Each sheep receives two weeks of individual instruction, before being allowed to enter into the choreography school. There, they learn to synchronise their movements with those of other sheep and, using their satnavs and their natural talent, they instinctively know where to position themselves for the next photo shoot.

There is no more intelligent sheep than a Welsh sheep!!

p.s. They taste good too!!

Leyland
Bibliophile

Post by Leyland » Sun October 25th, 2009, 8:40 pm

Thanks for the enlightening behind-the-scenes commentary, Ken. There's just so much more to this production than I initially imagined. Perhaps the sheep should be allowed to try out for synchronized swimming gigs? Maybe not, do the satnav's float?

So glad they're tasty, too!
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams ~ Arthur O'Shaughnessy, Ode

Return to “Movies, Television, Radio, and Music”