Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What Movies Have You Seen Lately?

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Mon October 29th, 2012, 11:24 pm

[quote=""rebecca""]

But I have ordered Downtown Abbey S 3 Which will arrive in the middle of November :D .

Bec :) [/quote]

My oldest looked up episode summaries for S3 and ruined one story line for me, by telling me the critical point. Come to think of it, make that two story lines.

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Tue October 30th, 2012, 9:36 am

It's the last one this Sunday, so try to avoid any more spoilers (I don't know what's going to happen yet!).
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Wed October 31st, 2012, 12:43 am

[quote=""LoveHistory""]My oldest looked up episode summaries for S3 and ruined one story line for me, by telling me the critical point. Come to think of it, make that two story lines.[/quote]

I have to admit I don't mind spoilers, but it is a big issue for others....I did read of one BIG spoiler on Downtown S3(no I wont mention it :p ) but I do hope the whole Matthew/Mary thing will sort itself out....Will they/wont they is kinda getting boring. But I am gonna miss Iain Glenn(SP?) from the show.

Bec :)

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac

Post by Madeleine » Wed October 31st, 2012, 10:29 am

[quote=""rebecca""]I have to admit I don't mind spoilers, but it is a big issue for others....I did read of one BIG spoiler on Downtown S3(no I wont mention it :p ) but I do hope the whole Matthew/Mary thing will sort itself out....Will they/wont they is kinda getting boring. But I am gonna miss Iain Glenn(SP?) from the show.Bec :) [/quote]

He hasn't been in it for ages! Shirley MacLaine, as you probably know, is in it but not for very long, although she's entertaining while she's there. No match for Dame Maggie though. ;)

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Thu November 1st, 2012, 1:03 am

[quote=""Madeleine""]He hasn't been in it for ages! Shirley MacLaine, as you probably know, is in it but not for very long, although she's entertaining while she's there. No match for Dame Maggie though. ;) [/quote]

I don't know if you saw the Downtown Christmas special....But I expect Iain Glen is busy on GOT S 3(Which I can't wait to see!) I had hoped that Shirley would be in the third season throughout...But I knew she'd be no match for Maggie :D ;) ...I am really, really looking forward to it. I will probably watch it over Christmas.

Bec :)

Nefret
Bibliomaniac
Favourite HF book: Welsh Princes trilogy
Preferred HF: The Middle Ages (England), New Kingdom Egypt, Medieval France

Post by Nefret » Thu November 1st, 2012, 2:58 am

House on Haunted Hill (with Vincent Price)
Into battle we ride with Gods by our side
We are strong and not afraid to die
We have an urge to kill and our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
WE´LL FIGHT TILL THE END! And send our enemies straight to Hell!
- "Into Battle"
{Ensiferum}

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac

Post by Madeleine » Thu November 1st, 2012, 9:38 am

[quote=""rebecca""]I don't know if you saw the Downtown Christmas special....But I expect Iain Glen is busy on GOT S 3(Which I can't wait to see!) I had hoped that Shirley would be in the third season throughout...But I knew she'd be no match for Maggie :D ;) ...I am really, really looking forward to it. I will probably watch it over Christmas.

Bec :) [/quote]

Yes I did see it :)

After all the hype, I expected Shirley to be in the show for longer than she actually was, ah well.

There's a Christmas special this year too.

I'm also looking forward to GoT S3 ;)

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Thu November 1st, 2012, 9:55 am

I'm looking foward to the Downton Abbey Christmas Special, too. And Game of Thrones 3 - must get the book read beforehand!!
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Amanda
Compulsive Reader

Post by Amanda » Thu November 1st, 2012, 10:23 am

As my husband took this week off work to help with getting the kids here and there while I am recovering from Surgery 2.0, we found ourselves with a day to ourselves when the kids where at schools dn daycare (I only work Tuesday's). So we went to the movies! We figured in the 7 years since we had our eldest, we had only been to the movies on our own once (and it was my choice - Marie Antoinette) and we took the kids to see Toy Story 3. I've taken the kids to a few other movies here and there, but my husband hadn't been for ages.

We saw Argo. Which was really good and really my husbands kind of movie which was good after all this time.

fljustice
Bibliophile

Post by fljustice » Thu November 1st, 2012, 4:00 pm

Rango - saw the trailers last year and was intrigued. Story is predictable, but the art direction and style is top-notch.
Faith L. Justice, Author Website

Return to “Movies, Television, Radio, and Music”