Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What Movies Have You Seen Lately?

nona
Bibliophile

Post by nona » Sun December 21st, 2008, 5:47 pm

no such thing as a dumb question, if so I would hold the world record. Rice Chex is an oven roasted rice cereal in a shape of a puffed out square. here is the recipe if you or anyone else would like it

9 cups of rice chex
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon Vanilla
powder sugar

measure out chex in large bowl, set aside.
in a microwavble bowl mix choc. chips, butter, peanut butter heat on high 1 minute uncovered. stir then heat another 30 seconds, mix in vanilla and our over chex in large bowl. pour choc covered chex into a 2 gallon zip lock baggie (I use a walmart sack, make sure there are no holes though,lol) cover with powder sugar and shake to coat completely. spread evenly on wax paper to cool and store in air tight container in frig.

chuck
Bibliophile

Post by chuck » Mon December 22nd, 2008, 4:45 am

Nona....Hmmmm....puppy chow sounds deadly......I can imagine little people eating puppy chow and then a bit later they would be hanging and swinging on the light fixtures....

Leo62
Bibliophile

Post by Leo62 » Mon December 22nd, 2008, 9:37 pm

Saw Gran Torino last night. Fantastic! Gotta love Clint :D

nona
Bibliophile

Post by nona » Tue December 23rd, 2008, 2:52 am

lol chuck.

we watched Burn after Reading, really interesting in an odd way. Death Race, actually good but bloody but hey Jason Statham is a great actor and not to shabby to watch. Tonight we watched House Bunny, Anna Faris has to be one of the funniest girls ever, and the meaning behind it was something everybody could hear every now and again

Leo62
Bibliophile

Post by Leo62 » Wed December 24th, 2008, 10:57 pm

The Duchess - really sad - good movie.

Alex Worthy
Scribbler

Post by Alex Worthy » Thu December 25th, 2008, 3:38 am

[quote=""Sheramy""]I saw Australia over Thanksgiving weekend. It was a little corny, but I love Baz Luhrmann and Nicole Kidman -- I wasn't going to miss it. Overall I thought it was enjoyable. A good old fashioned epic film. In fact, I felt like Luhrmann was deliberately being corny as an homage to that style of film. It seemed on purpose, somehow.

The little boy was adorable. And Hugh Jackman...just try to describe him without using the word 'hunk.'[/quote]

I saw Australia recently and enjoyed it. I know it was cliched, but I like how they kept some of the aboriganal aspects in the movie. I don't know much about Australian history so I don't know if it is "realistic" or not.

AuntiePam
Reader

Post by AuntiePam » Thu December 25th, 2008, 9:55 pm

Two excellent movies -- Gone Baby Gone and The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada.

Leyland
Bibliophile

Post by Leyland » Thu December 25th, 2008, 11:37 pm

My mother, niece and I went to see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button today. Almost two hours into the film, the second reel switched on and started playing backwards and upside down. I kid you not. Watching and hearing Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett that way was a total trip!

The error couldn't be corrected, so the nearly sold out audience were all given free passes in lieu of refunds and we were sent on our Merry Christmas way. I plan to see it again in full this weekend. Like it's so hard to watch hours and hours of Brad Pitt! ;)
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams ~ Arthur O'Shaughnessy, Ode

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Thu December 25th, 2008, 11:38 pm

Eek that sucks! I'm a little surprised they couldn't get it fixed.

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

Tanzanite
Bibliophile

Post by Tanzanite » Thu December 25th, 2008, 11:40 pm

Went to see Marley and Me. Cried at the end - very sad, especially if you are a dog person.

Return to “Movies, Television, Radio, and Music”