Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Calling all eBay addicts!

annis
Bibliomaniac

Calling all eBay addicts!

Post by annis » Wed November 5th, 2008, 9:34 am

A friend who knows my deplorable addiction to online auction sites sent me this hilarious song called "eBay" by Wierd Al Yankovich", so I thought I'd pass it on :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYokLWfqbaU

Bobbi
Scribbler

Post by Bobbi » Wed November 5th, 2008, 9:46 am

This is so funny this song. I gave it to my sister in law cause she's completely addicted to ebay.

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Wed November 5th, 2008, 10:20 am

What a funny song! LOL. Why do we buy rubbish? Must definitely be the thrill of winning.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Rowan
Bibliophile
Interest in HF: I love history, but it's boring in school. Historical fiction brings it alive for me.
Preferred HF: Iron-Age Britain, Roman Britain, Medieval Britain

Post by Rowan » Wed November 5th, 2008, 1:42 pm

I admit I buy on eBay, but I don't buy junk. I only buy things I need or want. Monday I went on there to find if anyone was selling a discontinued Mary Kay perfume my mother likes. A few were so I bought it.

Still... I love Weird Al.

Spitfire
Reader

Post by Spitfire » Wed November 5th, 2008, 4:30 pm

I also use ebay, but I would not say I am addicted to it. I got a great deal on many hardware items for our new house. You have to watch the currency exchange and customs though (if you buy internationally) I also got a pretty good deal on some HF books that are currently out of circulation as well. Wierd Al is pretty funny though! My favorite songs by him are "Like a surgeon" and "Another One Rides the Bus"
Only the pure of heart can make good soup. - Beethoven

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Wed November 5th, 2008, 6:01 pm

Posted by Vanessa
Must definitely be the thrill of winning.
I usually bid on (surprise) books more than anything else., but I know just what Weird Al means when he talks about the sniper attack. I've always thought of it as the shark attack. It's when you lurk at your computer just at the closing time for bidding- just under the surface of the water (cue, music from "Jaws"). Just as the highest bidder feels comfortably complacent that they've won, you leap out of the water and strike with the highest and final winning bid.
Must be the primeval thrill of the hunt!

Return to “Movies, Television, Radio, and Music”