Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Outlander Season Three

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Re: Outlander Season Three

Post by Vanessa » Tue October 3rd, 2017, 2:41 pm

Enjoyed Ep4. Some poignant moments. Thought everything was handled quite well. Glad they missed the stop moment with Geneva as I'm sure it would cause too much hoo har with some viewers who can't tell the difference between fiction and reality. Still liking David Berry as LJG and liked the handshake moment, wasn't bothered that it's not exactly like the book! I think it showed what was meant just as well.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sun October 8th, 2017, 6:31 pm

This week's episode, loved it. Loved the 1960s Boston setting, bonus points for the olive green fridge. Remember those? I really like the touch of Roger sitting there watching Dark Shadows, but - did they drop the ball? It was an afternoon show for me (I remember racing home from school to watch) and Wiki says it aired at 4PM Eastern. So it's Christmas break, days should be short and getting dark around that time of day (is the east coast different than the west coast?) and it's still broad daylight, even some time later when they go to Harvard to attend an event.

Or am I missing the boat again. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> spoilers for those who haven't read the book, or don't want a lot of detail on this episode until you've watched it.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.

Post by Vanessa » Wed October 11th, 2017, 10:12 am

I enjoyed ep5, too. Quite a fun one with the dress and Batman music! Will there be a zip? They squashed quite a lot into the episode. Loved the ending! :lol: Just not liking the idea of waiting for a couple of weeks until ep6! :( :o

I don't remember green fridges but can remember my parents' green and black tiled kitchen with a coal fired boiler in the corner for the central heating! I remember my dad shovelling coal in it. I can remember our Keymatic washing machine, too, which I cut my hand on between thumb and index finger as a child. It just poured blood and my mum ran all the way to the doctors with me panic stricken. Memories! :D

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Wed October 11th, 2017, 12:35 pm

I wonder if the green fridges were a US thing? I recall the dark brown ones too. Ugh.

The Batman touch was a good choice, but I hope they kept the zipper in. Going to be a long wait for the next episode.

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Thu October 12th, 2017, 1:54 pm

Don't remember green fridges but green bathrooms were all the rage in the 70s - avocado green! :o
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Fri October 13th, 2017, 2:55 pm

https://media.bookbub.com/blog/2017/10/ ... e-details/

Might be considered spoilerish for those who haven't read Voyager.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sun October 22nd, 2017, 5:38 pm

What an awesome episode.

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac

Post by Vanessa » Tue October 24th, 2017, 8:46 am

Yes, it was! :D

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Tue October 24th, 2017, 11:43 pm

I can't wait to see more of grown up Fergus and young Ian. Mr Willoughby - refresh my memory -
► Show Spoiler

Susan
Bibliomaniac

Post by Susan » Wed October 25th, 2017, 3:15 am

I have no memory of Mr. Willoughby from the novels!
~Susan~
~Unofficial Royalty~
Royal news updated daily, information and discussion about royalty past and present
http://www.unofficialroyalty.com/

Return to “Movies, Television, Radio, and Music”