Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

To Walk Invisible

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

To Walk Invisible

Post by Madeleine » Sun February 12th, 2017, 5:28 pm

This film was shown during the xmas period - I've watched about 75% of it and it's excellent, very well-acted especially by the actresses playing the sisters.
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

princess garnet
Bibliophile

Re: To Walk Invisible

Post by princess garnet » Sun February 12th, 2017, 7:55 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing that when it airs here in the US on March 26. Here's a preview for the show. (Note: video may not play outside the US)

Susan
Bibliomaniac

Post by Susan » Mon February 13th, 2017, 2:04 am

I'm looking forward to seeing To Walk Invisible. For those that do not know it is about the Bronte sisters. In July 2015, I was fortunate to have visited Haworth, the parsonage there where they lived, and the church where their father was the minister and where all of them except Anne are buried. I think princess garnet forgot to post the PBS link (at least I can't see it), so here it is: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/epi ... e-sisters/
~Susan~
~Unofficial Royalty~
Royal news updated daily, information and discussion about royalty past and present
http://www.unofficialroyalty.com/

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Mon February 13th, 2017, 10:06 am

I'd love to visit Haworth. I think they built sets, and some of the backdrops look like backdrops, but it's very atmospheric, and one thing I loved was that, when a coach and horses showed up, they were absolutely splattered with mud, which I don't remember seeing in a period drama before, so there's some nice attention to detail too.
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

Return to “Movies, Television, Radio, and Music”