Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Hollow Crown: Wars of the Roses (US broadcast)

princess garnet
Bibliophile

The Hollow Crown: Wars of the Roses (US broadcast)

Postby princess garnet » Fri July 1st, 2016, 4:21 pm

Of interest to US forum members, the popular "Hollow Crown series" will return to "Great Performances" on PBS later this year. :D Yay! It already broadcasted in the UK.

Shakespeare's history plays "Henry VI" and "Richard III" will shown over three Sunday evenings. Check your local PBS station listings. However, if you just can't wait, the DVD of the new series is now available in stores and online.
Last edited by princess garnet on Tue December 20th, 2016, 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nefret
Bibliomaniac
Favorite HF book: Welsh Princes trilogy
Preferred HF: The Middle Ages (England), New Kingdom Egypt, Medieval France

Re: The Hollow Crown: Wars of the Roses (US broadcast)

Postby Nefret » Sun July 31st, 2016, 9:27 pm

I'm waiting on my copy from the library. Might only be watching for certain actor.
Into battle we ride with Gods by our side
We are strong and not afraid to die
We have an urge to kill and our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
WE´LL FIGHT TILL THE END! And send our enemies straight to Hell!
- "Into Battle"
{Ensiferum}

SGM
Compulsive Reader

Re: The Hollow Crown: Wars of the Roses (US broadcast)

Postby SGM » Mon August 1st, 2016, 4:57 pm

And that actor is well worth it. He got great acclaim over here. However, don't dismiss the rest of the performances. These are very good productions. Henry VI is not thought to be one of the bard's best (and it was a relatively early work). RIII, is one of my favourites probably because it was one of the few that I had lectures on where I actually agreed with the Literature lecturer's interpretation of the history.
Currently reading - Emergence of a Nation State by Alan Smith

Return to “Movies, Television, Radio, and Music”