Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Outlander season two

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Outlander season two

Postby Misfit » Sat April 9th, 2016, 10:42 pm

Getting Starz on Comcast was too big a hassle last year and I waited for the DVDs, but Amazon is now offering up a per month fee for watching Starz shows so I splurged, it was less than $10/month. Piece of cake to watch the show from my laptop and plug in the headphones. Anyone else watched it yet?
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Amanda
Compulsive Reader

Re: Outlander season two

Postby Amanda » Sat April 9th, 2016, 11:18 pm

Its on tonight in Australia. A few of us are getting together at a friends house for a premier party.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Postby Misfit » Sat April 9th, 2016, 11:44 pm

Amanda wrote:Its on tonight in Australia. A few of us are getting together at a friends house for a premier party.

I wouldn't call it a spoiler, but there's a flashback at the beginning that really tossed me off. I thought I'd missed a season. You'll know what I mean, but don't panic.

Amanda
Compulsive Reader

Postby Amanda » Sun April 10th, 2016, 9:55 pm

I had heard in the days before. And I understand, it would have been too much to cram into the first episode if they followed the order of the book.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Postby Misfit » Mon April 11th, 2016, 12:55 pm

Amanda wrote:I had heard in the days before. And I understand, it would have been too much to cram into the first episode if they followed the order of the book.

The vintage Pan Am plane was a very cool touch.

red805
Reader

Postby red805 » Mon April 11th, 2016, 8:48 pm

Glad to start up with Outlander again, but my sister had to have me explain the first half of the show, as she had never read the books. I can't wait for the costumes this season! I'm also wondering what won't make it into the series from the book(s). Overall I think the production team is doing a great job.

Amanda
Compulsive Reader

Postby Amanda » Mon April 11th, 2016, 11:45 pm

This panel discussion is fabulous! Lots of details about the music, costumes and sets, the writing process etc. Goes for a bit over an hour, but well worth it.

http://outlandercastblog.blogspot.com.a ... event.html

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Postby Misfit » Tue April 12th, 2016, 12:52 am

Amanda wrote:This panel discussion is fabulous! Lots of details about the music, costumes and sets, the writing process etc. Goes for a bit over an hour, but well worth it.

http://outlandercastblog.blogspot.com.a ... event.html

I am afraid to click on that link. The Bundy/Oregon/Nevada saga has been sucking up too much of my spare time, I'm horribly behind on my reading.

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: Lost for Words by Stephanie Butland
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favorite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Postby Vanessa » Tue April 12th, 2016, 10:10 am

I think there are only 13 episodes thus time instead of 16 so they have some squeezing in to do. Plus not all viewers have read the books so some sort of explanation is necessary, one of the reasons why things get changed around a bit, I think. I enjoyed it but not sure if the backdrops always looked entirely real!
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Postby Misfit » Sat April 16th, 2016, 9:33 pm

Just watched the latest episode. Loved it. Loved the costumes and Raymond's apothecary shop. Love the leg (and other body parts) leg waxing.

Return to “Movies, Television, Radio, and Music”