Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Game of Thrones Season 3

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Tue June 4th, 2013, 7:21 am

Posted by Rebecca
I watched episode 9 last night and slept badly....the show just haunted me.
Me too! OMG - no, no, no -how could they do that!? I was absolutely stunned mullet afterwards.

Actually, I'm glad I've never read the books - can't imagine that episode would have had anything like the same impact if I could have gone, "Ho hum, I knew that was going to happen" :)

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Tue June 4th, 2013, 8:35 am

Haven't seen the show yet but that scene is pretty hard-hitting in the book too - I sort of knew it was coming but it still packed a heck of a punch.
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Tue June 4th, 2013, 5:49 pm

To cheer me up a friend sent me this little comic strip which is quite funny

How People Reacted to Last Night's Episode of Game of Thrones
http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2013/06/03/ ... nes-comic/

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Wed June 5th, 2013, 2:11 am

[quote=""annis""]Posted by Rebecca

Me too! OMG - no, no, no -how could they do that!? I was absolutely stunned mullet afterwards.

Actually, I'm glad I've never read the books - can't imagine that episode would have had anything like the same impact if I could have gone, "Ho hum, I knew that was going to happen" :) [/quote]

This is the book that I threw across the room, I was so irate!! What shocked me first was a particular death
and then the horror continues and even though I knew it was coming, I still balled my eyes out :( and my sleep was dreadful and all night that blasted tune was in my head, 'the rains of Castamere'...I don't care if I never hear that song again!

I'm trying to figure out how the show will end? The War with the Wildlings? I did see Jaime in the preview and the Hound as well as Stannis and Tyrion.....And now there is a rumour that season 4 may not be shown until 2015. They are going to skip a year so GRRM can finish the two remaining books. I don't know if it is true though.

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Wed June 5th, 2013, 9:35 am

What??!! :eek: No Game of Thrones next year!! :( I do hope not. They've still got quite of lot of books to get through before GRRM finishes the books.

I haven't seen this week's episode yet so can't comment on it!
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac

Post by Madeleine » Wed June 5th, 2013, 10:30 am

Ah no, the thought of next year's series will be one of the few things keeping my hopes up! Haven't seen it yet but read that
and didn't think that was in the book.

I love that song though, it's so haunting.

I think the last ep will have the Wildling War - saw a trailer last night but it didn't give anything away.

Mythica
Bibliophile
Preferred HF: European and American (mostly pre-20th century)

Post by Mythica » Wed June 5th, 2013, 12:41 pm

[quote=""rebecca""]
And now there is a rumour that season 4 may not be shown until 2015. They are going to skip a year so GRRM can finish the two remaining books. I don't know if it is true though.[/quote]

I doubt that - they are already going to have problems with the kid actors growing up when the characters aren't actually supposed to age much and delaying it a year will only make that worse. Season four will actually be the second half of book 3 so they still have a few season before the show catches up to the books. I can't see any reason to delay it now.

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac

Post by Madeleine » Wed June 5th, 2013, 1:46 pm

They've still got about 1/3rd of book 3, and could then start on book 4, plus the massive book 5, so plenty to keep them busy! They should have a longer series.

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Wed June 5th, 2013, 5:32 pm

Apparently poor old George RR is being hounded and harrassed by irate fans who want him to write faster! Not the best way to encourage the creative process - he's not a machine designed for our reading pleasure, after all. Perhaps he has become a victim of his own success.

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Thu June 6th, 2013, 3:15 am

[quote=""Madeleine""]Ah no, the thought of next year's series will be one of the few things keeping my hopes up! Haven't seen it yet but read that
and didn't think that was in the book.

I love that song though, it's so haunting.

I think the last ep will have the Wildling War - saw a trailer last night but it didn't give anything away.[/quote]

I was not expecting that as it is different from the book...I think they put that in to shock those who had read the book and knew what was coming...It was a shocking scene and I will leave it at that.

As for delaying a year....It seems rumours are flying everywhere, so until it is set in stone(or in type)from the producers themselves I will simply assume that season 4 will be shown next year.

There is also a rumour :confused: :rolleyes: I know...lol.....That the producers want to end the show within 7 Seasons...I don't know if this is feasible either, but one of the problems faced is the age of the child actors and I would hate someone else playing their parts...So I s'pose we'll have to wait and see.....

Return to “Movies, Television, Radio, and Music”