Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Game of Thrones Season 3

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Mon May 6th, 2013, 7:19 pm

I've read that the last ep will be as bit longer than the others.
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Tue May 7th, 2013, 3:02 am

[quote=""Ash""]Bec, the producers said at the beginning of the season that they weren't going to be able to do the whole book. They are just going with half, plus some parts of Counting Crows. Three more episodes - wonder if they are going to try to do all three weddings?[/quote]

They are running out of time and I did feel that Monday's episode felt a bit rushed. We didn't get a chance to see Shae's reaction to Tyrion's news, only a wailing Sansa. I also think this episode was the first time where Tyrion and Cersei actually shared a conversation together.

Do you think in the next episode Robb and Catelyn....

SPOILER
I hope the last episode will be 2 hours in length...I don't like the rushed scenes...It kind of spoils things.

Bec :)

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac

Post by Madeleine » Tue May 7th, 2013, 8:37 am

[quote=""rebecca""]They are running out of time and I did feel that Monday's episode felt a bit rushed. We didn't get a chance to see Shae's reaction to Tyrion's news, only a wailing Sansa. I also think this episode was the first time where Tyrion and Cersei actually shared a conversation together.

Do you think in the next episode Robb and Catelyn....

SPOILER

I hope the last episode will be 2 hours in length...I don't like the rushed scenes...It kind of spoils things.

Bec :) [/quote]

Ep 9 is called Rains of Castamere, so it could be the one where that happens, as that song is being played. Or it could be
, as the song is also played endlessly during that scene, as one of the characters remarks in the book at one point that they haven't heard the song for at least an hour! ;)

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Tue May 7th, 2013, 5:50 pm

There's a lot to cover in Bk 3 - the original edition was so large that it was later reissued as a 2-book version, thereby creating endless confusion for readers :)

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Thu May 9th, 2013, 2:54 am

[quote=""annis""]There's a lot to cover in Bk 3 - the original edition was so large that it was later reissued as a 2-book version, thereby creating endless confusion for readers :) [/quote]

I know-I kept wondering if I had bought the right amount of books, but I did :D .

Did anyone feel that the latest episode of Game of Thrones was a little rushed?..I could have done without so much time spent on climbing the wall and more of Tyrion and his announcement-We never really got to see Shae's reaction. And at the end just tears from Sansa....Oh well, I'll look forward to next week.

I did see that Game of Thrones Season 3 will soon be on sale at Amazon USA...But does anyone have any idea when it will be released to other countries? Thanks

Ash
Bibliomaniac

Post by Ash » Thu May 9th, 2013, 4:01 am

Oh I loved the wall climb. I even enjoyed the little romance at the end; some posters on WIC complained about it, but I thought it was pitch perfect. And that view!

BTW I was trying to imagine 900 feet; how does that translate into, say, a skyscraper? How many floors?

I am very glad that we didn't see Tyrion give his news. Im also glad they didn't do it like they did in the book (she is brought to church, not realizing just who she is marrying, and gets the news when the groom shows up)

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Thu May 9th, 2013, 4:42 am

That wall climb certainly added to the drama for me- I have a shocking fear of heights so watching it really gave me the yips :)

What about those pickled foetuses - creepy or what?

Don't know about elsewhere, but in NZ they have the irritating habit of not releasing the DVDs of the previous series until a month before the next series is due to air, meaning you have to wait nearly a year to get them. Luckliy, now that we can circumvent the ridiculous zoning thingy, it is possible to buy from Amazon and get them earlier, though more expensive of course.
Last edited by annis on Thu May 9th, 2013, 4:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac

Post by Madeleine » Thu May 9th, 2013, 8:40 am

the DVDs for the last two series weren't released until about a month before the new one started showing in the UK either.

I think the whole series has felt a bit rushed so far, although it's been brilliant.

I haven't seen this week's yet so, although I've read the books, spoilers people!

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Fri May 10th, 2013, 5:40 am

[quote=""annis""]That wall climb certainly added to the drama for me- I have a shocking fear of heights so watching it really gave me the yips :)

What about those pickled foetuses - creepy or what?

Don't know about elsewhere, but in NZ they have the irritating habit of not releasing the DVDs of the previous series until a month before the next series is due to air, meaning you have to wait nearly a year to get them. Luckliy, now that we can circumvent the ridiculous zoning thingy, it is possible to buy from Amazon and get them earlier, though more expensive of course.[/quote]

We have the same here. I have to wait an entire year before I can buy GOT season 3! It's the pits!

And as for

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Tue May 14th, 2013, 3:09 am

I was not really happy with lastnights episode of Game of Thrones. The only standout was Jaime and Brienne.....There is such limited time frame now and I thought Theon's inclusion was truly gross.

SPOILER
I don't know if I'm the only one, but this particular scene sickened me and once I buy the DVD's at least then I can FF Theon's scenes as they add nothing to the show!

Return to “Movies, Television, Radio, and Music”