Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Game of Thrones Season 3

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Tue June 11th, 2013, 6:54 pm

I actually thought the opposite in book 3 about Dany - I thought she was finally starting to actually do something ie build her armies, challenge her enemies and either beat then, or get them to join her; as Rebecca says, she's finally showing that she's a force to be reckoned with, and that she's learning - which I don't think Robb ever did.
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Wed June 12th, 2013, 2:34 am

I think when it comes to Dany, it has been a long wait for her to reach Westeros, lets face it we've had five books and she is still not there. But I think Dany recognises her weaknesses and this is key to her destiny, but also at the centre of her heart she is a young woman who yearns for love and perhaps a simpler life and this is her conundrum, and it is this that she battles with inwardly. Her heart wants Darrio, but she marries that spineless idiot, Hizdahr zo Loraq....Then finally when she begins to show her mettle, she simply disappears...And this is what GRRM does, he leads us on a merry dance :p whether we want to go or not. But thank God she is out of the desert, that truly was tedious reading and watching....

When it comes to Ygritte I enjoyed watching her character onscreen, but I became very tired of the 'you know nothing Jon Snow...' in the books. But I wont lose sleep when her character leaves Game of Thrones....Now I can't wait for season 4....I am also getting notifications that GOT Season 3 DVD set will be on sale...does anyone know exactly when this will be?

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Wed June 12th, 2013, 8:27 am

Oh yes that "you know nothing" drove me mad after a while, in the end I kept skipping the dialogue when she said that - what a pain! I won't miss her that much either.
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Thu June 13th, 2013, 1:41 am

[quote=""Madeleine""]Oh yes that "you know nothing" drove me mad after a while, in the end I kept skipping the dialogue when she said that - what a pain! I won't miss her that much either.[/quote]

It is the one thing that annoys me in most books and GRRM does it all the time and that is repetition with the 'you know nothing Jon Snow' and worst of all, 'reek rhymes with sneak rhymes with meek rhymes with zzzzzzzz'. It is why I speed read Theon's chapters, all this Reek business irritates me!

I'm looking forward to the DVD of GOT Season 3...though I may by-pass the Red Wedding...too, too sad.

Return to “Movies, Television, Radio, and Music”