Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Anyone else tried Spotify?

sweetpotatoboy
Bibliophile

Anyone else tried Spotify?

Post by sweetpotatoboy » Thu March 26th, 2009, 5:02 pm

I believe Spotify – a new music streaming service – is only available so far in certain European countries, but here it is taken off rapidly. I signed up a few days ago and am absolutely loving it. Has anyone else tried it?

For a free service, to put up with one short ad about every half-hour is hardly annoying - and the breadth of the music is already astonishing and growing constantly. I listen to music from all over the word and a lot of it is available on Spotify: Swedish, Greek, Russian, Middle Eastern, Brazilian... There are still some sizeable gaps, but this is clearly the future of music listening.

I think it will take a lot to wean me off the idea of physically having the music I want to listen to - in the form of either CDs or mp3 files - but to be able to stream any track I want when I want instantly is extremely enticing.

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Post by EC2 » Thu March 26th, 2009, 10:35 pm

I have Spotify, Sweetpotatoboy, but I haven't had much time to check it out yet. Once I finish all these library tours and the rough draft of the WIP, I intend to check it out properly. From the small amount I have done, there are some gaps, but then being as I like some way out stuff, I'm not expecting it all to be there.
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

Leyland
Bibliophile

Post by Leyland » Fri March 27th, 2009, 7:41 pm

I hadn't heard about it, but after skimming through article (link below), it looks pretty good to me! I'd like find out more at a later time.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/190457
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams ~ Arthur O'Shaughnessy, Ode

Return to “Movies, Television, Radio, and Music”