Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Upcoming Television Season

TerriPray
Reader

Post by TerriPray » Thu August 28th, 2008, 3:18 am

I saw the trailer for it a couple of weeks ago and it's amazing. Same directors as Xena and Hercules.

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Thu August 28th, 2008, 9:28 am

[quote=""Michelle2""]Can't wait for Dexter!!!
There's also a new show about vampires that will be on HBO; not into vampires but it's written by Alan Ball whom I love![/quote]

Do you mean True Blood? I am looking forward to that one. I read the series that it is based on so it will be interesting to see how it compares.

Rowan
Bibliophile
Interest in HF: I love history, but it's boring in school. Historical fiction brings it alive for me.
Preferred HF: Iron-Age Britain, Roman Britain, Medieval Britain

Post by Rowan » Thu August 28th, 2008, 1:19 pm

[quote=""Divia""]Yeah I'm wondering how Crusoe will be. I saw an ad for it and it looked very POTC. Hmm. we'll see. Might be fun to watch.[/quote]

POTC :confused:

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Thu August 28th, 2008, 2:03 pm

My bad...Pirates of the Caribbean.

Some of the shots looked like that. For instance there was this girl in a fluffy dress looking back while she was running. And I know they showed a compus a few times and something else. I dont mind if they play off the POTC themes.
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Thu August 28th, 2008, 3:55 pm

Michael Phelps is hosting the season premeire of SNL this year, airing Sept 13th. Might be interesting to watch!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

TerriPray
Reader

Post by TerriPray » Thu August 28th, 2008, 3:59 pm

preview for the Sword of truth

http://www.terrygoodkind.com/lots/lots.mov

sgn1
Scribbler

Crusoe

Post by sgn1 » Thu August 28th, 2008, 5:39 pm

Hi there,

I'm dying to see Crusoe too, as some of it was filmed in and around in York. I missed Sean Bean down by the river :eek: Narrowly missed Sam Neill at Ryedale Folk Museum, where they were filming Crusoe's early life (will be looking out for the old buildings there!) and I was there with a re-enactment group. Unfortunately they didn't need our services (we're late Iron Age/Roman!)

Every time we trotted to visit the loo we had to be very careful and quiet as we were going right by the set. Have to say, we all paid more visits to the 'facilitiies' than we normally do :rolleyes: Anyway, the actors were in big hats, cuffs and ruffles, some were soldiers, and there was one middleaged lady in skirts. Think we sighted the young heroe, but none of us were sure ... Filming went on till the light faded. One of our number met Sam Neill in his night clothes - that is, our chap was in his shorts coming back from visiting the loo, and Sam Neill was wearing jeans :D . Our chap said 'Hello, are you Sam Neill?' Sam Neill merely grunted. Or at least our chap thought it was Sam Neill ... Perhaps it was his stand-in?

Anyway, viewing figures for Crusoe will be high in the York area, that's for sure. It's the biggest thing that's happened here since the Vikings invaded :cool:

Melisende
Reader

Post by Melisende » Fri August 29th, 2008, 6:07 am

Just finished watching Dexter (Season 1 & 2) on DVD - no spoilers from me if you haven't seen these already. BUT - edge of your seat - as always!

Oh, and looking forward to CSI: Gold Coast (aussie viewers will know what I mean) :)
"For my part, I adhere to the maxim of antiquity: The throne is a glorious sepulchre."

Women of History

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Fri August 29th, 2008, 6:10 am

Jimmy Smits is joining "Dexter", this should be interesting!

One month to go! Sept 28th.

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

Virgulina
Scribbler

Post by Virgulina » Fri August 29th, 2008, 9:41 am

[quote=""diamondlil""]Do you mean True Blood? I am looking forward to that one. I read the series that it is based on so it will be interesting to see how it compares.[/quote]

I'm really curious about this series, I want to see if it's any better than the books, I really didn't like Charlaine Harris' writing, it got on my nerves. Maybe they'll manage to make something like Dexter, I love the series and hate the books!

Ana

Return to “Movies, Television, Radio, and Music”