Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Game of Thrones 2016

Ash
Bibliomaniac

Re: Game of Thrones 2016

Postby Ash » Mon July 4th, 2016, 2:28 pm

Wow didn't drag for me at all. Amazing finale. Cersei's act was telegraphed throughout the series with mentions of wildfire by various characters, so that didn't surprise me, but the number of characters that ended up gone did! And ah poor Tommen - an innocent surrounded by conniving manipulative people, he had no way out. He wanted to be a good king but no one was going to allow that.

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Stranger from the Sea by Winston Graham & I Found You by Lisa Jewell
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime

Postby Madeleine » Mon July 4th, 2016, 3:05 pm

I liked the way that Ser Davos finally seems to be coming out of Stannis's shadow, loved it when he finally

And Jon Snow's
was another surprise, think that blindsided a lot of people (including me).

Interesting to see that it finished with most of the women seeming to have the upper hand - although judging by the look that Jaime gave Cersei it's difficult to say what will happen with those two, and what is Varys up to? :?

But yes, quite a clear out, although it's good to see that the
Currently reading "The Stranger from the Sea" by Winston Graham & "I Found You" by Lisa Jewell

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Stranger from the Sea by Winston Graham & I Found You by Lisa Jewell

Postby Madeleine » Fri March 10th, 2017, 3:08 pm

New series due to start July 16th, so presumably the next day in the UK? :P
Currently reading "The Stranger from the Sea" by Winston Graham & "I Found You" by Lisa Jewell

Nefret
Bibliomaniac
Favorite HF book: Welsh Princes trilogy
Preferred HF: The Middle Ages (England), New Kingdom Egypt, Medieval France

Postby Nefret » Wed April 5th, 2017, 8:04 pm

Isn't the next season going to be shorter?
Into battle we ride with Gods by our side
We are strong and not afraid to die
We have an urge to kill and our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
WE´LL FIGHT TILL THE END! And send our enemies straight to Hell!
- "Into Battle"
{Ensiferum}

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac

Postby Madeleine » Thu April 6th, 2017, 8:21 am

Yes only 7 eps, I think they're splitting the final series into two. Starts in the UK July 17th.

Return to “Movies, Television, Radio, and Music”