Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Raven Illustrations- Preservation/Restoration

Got a link of interest to your fellow members? Post it here!
DianeL
Bibliophile

The Raven Illustrations- Preservation/Restoration

Post by DianeL » Tue October 8th, 2013, 12:40 am

The Poe Museum is hoping to save some remarkable 19th century illustrations for The Raven and I thought some of you might be intrigued enough to help. The works are phantasmagorical, and the artist fascinating. Let me know what you think!
"To be the queen, she agreed to be the widow!"

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.
---Medieval Kingship, Henry A. Myers

http://dianelmajor.blogspot.com/
I'm a Twit: @DianeLMajor

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "The Whitstable Pearl Mystery" by Julie Wassmer
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Tue October 8th, 2013, 10:57 am

[quote=""DianeL""]The Poe Museum is hoping to save some remarkable 19th century illustrations for The Raven and I thought some of you might be intrigued enough to help. The works are phantasmagorical, and the artist fascinating. Let me know what you think![/quote]

Thanks for posting that - the drawings are fabulous, hope they're successful with the campaign - an exhibition would be a great idea.
Currently reading "The Whitstable Pearl Mystery" by Julie Wassmer

DianeL
Bibliophile

Post by DianeL » Tue October 8th, 2013, 11:48 pm

Madeleine, thank you! I do think I'm going to donate, even if only something small. I've never done a Kickstarter before, but this one is ... very interesting to me. :)

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Thu October 10th, 2013, 4:51 pm

Carling's story was such a remarkable one of talent shining through adversity and positively Dickensenian. I hope the Poe Museum gets the funding it needs for this project.

Who is that History Blog guy, btw? I love him! His posts are always so witty, quirky and amazingly informative - he's an internet treasure :)
Last edited by annis on Thu October 10th, 2013, 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DianeL
Bibliophile

Post by DianeL » Thu October 10th, 2013, 9:55 pm

annis, I don't know, but I am ADDICTED to the History Blog.

Return to “Links”