Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Spain

Tanzanite
Bibliophile

Post by Tanzanite » Tue August 4th, 2009, 1:22 am

[quote=""Jack""]Margaret, I appreciate the head's up on the republishing. I can't immagine two more different books by an author, and the fact that they're starting with those two probably means they want both the romance and HF audiences. I MUCH preferred Gentle Infidel of the two. Hopefully they'll follow up with THE CHANCELLOR and THE SPIDER KING.
Jack[/quote]

I had some email conversations with the publisher (who is Schoonover's great nephew) earlier this year after he saw my review of The Queen's Cross. My understanding from him is that if the first two do well, then he has plans to continue with others (for a total of 9 I believe). He actually had plans to publish The Spider King back in April but as the economy continue to tank, he decided to pull back a little, so that one is now planned for 2010.

Jack
Reader

Post by Jack » Tue August 4th, 2009, 8:44 pm

Interesting. Thanks for the skinny, Tanzanite.

JustinEllis
Interest in HF: Reading and writing historical fiction.
Favourite HF book: I don't know much, but I like CJ Sansom's Shardlake books

Re: Spain

Post by JustinEllis » Mon April 11th, 2016, 4:53 pm

This is a great mine of information for me - I'll definitely get hold of some of the novels mentioned in this thread, thanks.

I'm currently trying to research the early 16th century in Seville - does anybody have any non-fiction recommendations? There seem to be lots of general books about Spain or its regions, but nothing specific. It's odd, because I researched the same period in Florence and there are hundreds of reference books. Birthplace of the Renaissance v Birthplace of the Americas? :D

Justin

Return to “By Country/Continent”