Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Falcons of Montabard

4ever Queen
Reader

The Falcons of Montabard

Post by 4ever Queen » Mon September 21st, 2009, 5:11 am

I've heard wonderful reviews of this book so i decided to read it. anyone else reading this at the moment? Happy readings!
Last edited by 4ever Queen on Tue September 22nd, 2009, 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A scar signifies past pain, a wound that did not heal as it ought. But it testifies, too, to survival" (Here Be Dragons)

http://www.sharonkaypenman.com/

http://everythingedward2.com/

4ever Queen
Reader

Falcon's of Montabard

Post by 4ever Queen » Fri October 2nd, 2009, 7:03 pm

I just finished reading Falcons of Montabard. A great spellbounding story with a very intense ending! I as read my last paraghaphs i kept holding my breath in as I felt the characters' own pain and at the same time their inmense joy of happinness knowing that they were finally going Home... Great history, land and battle details! :)
"A scar signifies past pain, a wound that did not heal as it ought. But it testifies, too, to survival" (Here Be Dragons)

http://www.sharonkaypenman.com/

http://everythingedward2.com/

Ash
Bibliomaniac

Post by Ash » Sat October 3rd, 2009, 2:36 am

Interesting, I was sure there was a thread of this book already, but there isn't. We've probably discussed it on other threads. I read it recently and I think its my favorite Chadwick book, outside of the Marshall books. For one thing, it takes place in a favorite place and time: Middle East in the Middle Ages. For another much of the action is similar to other books Ive read, so I have some background, but its from a different perspective, which gives me the reader much to ponder and find out more. Finally, and perhaps more importantly, I really cared about what happened to these characters, heartbroken when the wrong ones died, and just in general thought in a most excellent book.

Re those last few pages: just when I thought it was over, wham! My heart was in my throat for those pages, oh my....and later to find out that actually happened!

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sat October 3rd, 2009, 12:08 pm

Re those last few pages: just when I thought it was over, wham! My heart was in my throat for those pages, oh my....and later to find out that actually happened!
That was some finish. This was my first EC, after that I was a greedy gus and had to snap them all up and read them as soon as I could. I really liked the relationship with Sabin (sigh) and Annais.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Saxon1974
Scribbler

Post by Saxon1974 » Tue January 31st, 2012, 3:58 am

I obtained a hardback copy of this book from a used book store. It's the one with a lovely cover of riders in front of a castle.

I have not read it yet....Is this one heavy on romance?

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Tue January 31st, 2012, 3:18 pm

[quote=""Saxon1974""]I obtained a hardback copy of this book from a used book store. It's the one with a lovely cover of riders in front of a castle.

I have not read it yet....Is this one heavy on romance?[/quote]

That was my first Chadwick. Yes there is a romantic element, but I think you'll find some good battle scenes here IIRC. The one that really knocked my socks off was towards the end and Sabin is defending himself with only a wooden shield and sword. Those were some tense moments.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Sharz
Reader

Post by Sharz » Wed February 1st, 2012, 3:53 pm

Heavy on the romance? I don't think so.

Falcons was my favorite Chadwick until I read Shadows and Strongholds, and now I'm not sure which I'd put the label on.

Return to “Elizabeth Chadwick”