Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Covers

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Post by EC2 » Tue March 16th, 2010, 9:35 am

[quote=""Saxon1974""]I prefer the older covers that have a historical scene on them as well, but Im a guy who enjoys the historical parts more than the romance parts. I have a hard time buying the new ones since they look like romance books :o

Any chance we could have two covers one for romance and one historical? Kidding....Love your books thanks for writing them.

Cheers[/quote]

Saxon1974 - I would LOVE to have 2 sets of covers. I've actually often thought that myself, so no need to kid! I'd need to sell in J.K. Rowling quantities for that to happen though. Thanks for your kind words :-)
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

annabel
Scribbler

Post by annabel » Wed March 31st, 2010, 4:21 pm

Just caught up with this thread. Love the TDAK cover. When the headless women first appeared I liked them but very bored with them now. The playing card effect of the reflected heads and the added bit of intrigue with the crown on the reflected image is eye-catching and the rich but simple background is perfect (As I'm sure the contents will be, too! Can't wait.)

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Post by EC2 » Tue May 4th, 2010, 7:18 pm

[quote=""Tanzanite""]Spotted this on Amazon UK (the cover for EC's The Leopard Unleashed being reissued later this year).[/quote]

I'm really pleased with this one - the first cover presented for this title caused an author and agent meltdown couple of months ago, but this is more like it.
Les proz e les vassals

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Tue May 4th, 2010, 7:43 pm

[quote=""EC2""]I'm really pleased with this one - the first cover presented for this title caused an author and agent meltdown couple of months ago, but this is more like it.[/quote]

Is that the same model from TDAK?
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Post by EC2 » Tue May 4th, 2010, 8:07 pm

Yes, same photoshoot,but not immediately obvious I hope! Originally they were going to use a spare pic from the set from which Vanora Bennet's People's Queen cover and the Poesie Graeme Evans covers were taken, but having tried it, the results were pretty eeeuwww! With a brand new novel there are bigger budgets for covers, but re-issues don't have the same funds allocated, so spare shots tend to get used.
Les proz e les vassals

cw gortner
Bibliophile

Post by cw gortner » Tue May 4th, 2010, 8:25 pm

I like the golden effect on this cover a lot, EC. It's very moody and appealing. Great title, too. (I have a thing for leopards).
THE QUEEN'S VOW available on June 12, 2012!
THE TUDOR SECRET, Book I in the Elizabeth I Spymaster Chronicles
THE CONFESSIONS OF CATHERINE DE MEDICI
THE LAST QUEEN

www.cwgortner.com

Telynor
Bibliophile

Post by Telynor » Wed May 5th, 2010, 5:02 am

EC, one thing I have really enjoyed about your books besides the knockout writing, is just how interesting and classy the covers are! Nothing cheesy there, and I feel no need to ever cover them up on the commuter train... :o The art geek in me finds them a real refresher after what usually ends up on the shelves.

Really looking to get my paws on the new ones for this year. TDK isn't here yet, but I haven't reached the anxious stage quite yet.

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Wed May 5th, 2010, 9:09 am

I thought it was the same model too, she had a lot of costume changes that day! It's a lovely cover though. Do you know if all your books will be getting the new look?
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Post by EC2 » Wed May 5th, 2010, 9:25 am

[quote=""Madeleine""]I thought it was the same model too, she had a lot of costume changes that day! It's a lovely cover though. Do you know if all your books will be getting the new look?[/quote]

Same costume just photoshopped colours. Yes, they're gradually going to repackage the lot - so I'm told. We're just starting work on the cover of Lady of the English, which may end up with two women on the cover. May have a change of title yet too but we're in discussion at the moment.
Les proz e les vassals

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Wed May 5th, 2010, 11:14 am

Ooh, I've not heard of Lady of the English, presumably that's an OOP book?
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

Return to “Elizabeth Chadwick”