Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Covers

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Covers

Post by EC2 » Sun May 17th, 2009, 8:26 am

[quote=""Telynor""]
Oh, and EC's The Running Vixen is available for preorder, but alas, no cover art as yet. Just 200 days to go...[/quote]

I have seen the cover art prelims Telynor and I do like the cover. Full face this time. This is a re-issue of my second novel of the early romantic ones, so they're keeping the general cover style. However with the next brand new novel (spring 2010) they are repackaging - don't know quite what yet! I've just been to my News blog and pasted up a copy of the prelim cover. http://elizabethchadwicknews.blogspot.com/
Last edited by EC2 on Sun May 17th, 2009, 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Adding information
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

zsigandr
Avid Reader

Post by zsigandr » Sun May 17th, 2009, 12:08 pm

[QUOTE=EC2;28294]However with the next brand new novel (spring 2010) they are repackaging - don't know quite what yet! I've just been to my News blog and pasted up a copy of the prelim cover.

Hi EC,

I love the new cover for The Greatest Knight! It is on my list of must own (library does not carry it and I have heard it is wonderful). Hopefully I will have it in time for some great summer reading. :)
Andrea

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sun May 17th, 2009, 12:16 pm

[quote=""EC2""]I have seen the cover art prelims Telynor and I do like the cover. Full face this time. This is a re-issue of my second novel of the early romantic ones, so they're keeping the general cover style. However with the next brand new novel (spring 2010) they are repackaging - don't know quite what yet! I've just been to my News blog and pasted up a copy of the prelim cover. http://elizabethchadwicknews.blogspot.com/[/quote]

I like that, much better than the one I have, the old MMPB. Kind of a violetish background I think.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Telynor
Bibliophile

Post by Telynor » Sun May 17th, 2009, 2:06 pm

[quote=""EC2""]I have seen the cover art prelims Telynor and I do like the cover. Full face this time. This is a re-issue of my second novel of the early romantic ones, so they're keeping the general cover style. However with the next brand new novel (spring 2010) they are repackaging - don't know quite what yet! I've just been to my News blog and pasted up a copy of the prelim cover. http://elizabethchadwicknews.blogspot.com/[/quote]

Oooooh, I do like the cover. And it's lovely to see a face instead of the torso shots. And congratulations on the new book coming up. (rubs paws in glee) -- Telynor

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Post by EC2 » Sun May 17th, 2009, 2:16 pm

[quote=""Misfit""]I like that, much better than the one I have, the old MMPB. Kind of a violetish background I think.[/quote]

That would be the Signet one? - very rare. Signet went belly up not long after that and they pulped most of the copies of TRV.

Telynor, Yes, we're moving on from headless and even half-head now. I do like the 'feel' of the TRV cover and finally, I get a heroine who actually wears a head covering - even if her hair is still exposed!!!
Les proz e les vassals

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sun May 17th, 2009, 4:06 pm

This is the one I have,

At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Post by EC2 » Sun May 17th, 2009, 4:19 pm

Ah yes, that's the USA Ballantine cover. When you said purple I was thinking of my UK paperback cover. Basically it's this cover but as far as I recall with a purple surrround outside the picture.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_4gMJoE4n0uY/R ... le0308.jpg Looks like Lord of the Rings meets the 1980's with his haircut!
Les proz e les vassals

Tanzanite
Bibliophile

Post by Tanzanite » Sun May 17th, 2009, 8:42 pm

EC, is there an earlier version of The Greatest Knight than the one I bought from the UK a few years ago? The cover looks virtually identical to the "new" Sourcebooks one that you have posted on your website. The only difference seems to be the way your name is placed and a tagline about being the story of the queen's champion.

michellemoran
Bibliophile

Post by michellemoran » Sun May 17th, 2009, 8:47 pm

BEAUTIFUL cover for The Running Vixen! I LOVE it!
Visit MichelleMoran.com
Check out Michelle's blog History Buff at michellemoran.blogspot.com

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Post by EC2 » Sun May 17th, 2009, 10:47 pm

[quote=""Tanzanite""]EC, is there an earlier version of The Greatest Knight than the one I bought from the UK a few years ago? The cover looks virtually identical to the "new" Sourcebooks one that you have posted on your website. The only difference seems to be the way your name is placed and a tagline about being the story of the queen's champion.[/quote]

Source bought the rights to the Rostant cover for the USA edition of TGK and put in their own shout line about the Queen's Champion (have to get 'Queen on the cover somehow - LOL!). The Rostant cover for TGK has been so successful, that they felt it was the best one for the book. There are only two editions. The UK one (hardcover and paperback) and now the USA one (well there's the Italian one too, but that's titled Il Scarlatte Leone (sp without looking!).
Les proz e les vassals

Return to “Elizabeth Chadwick”